Case Management Monthly
A case manager shoulders enormous responsibilities. Often it's a battle, but it doesn't have to be. Let our experts help. HCPro is pleased to introduce Case Management Monthly, the ultimate resource for hospital case managers.
This 8-page monthly newsletter is a one-of-a-kind training, support, and regulatory compliance tool for hospital case managers from some of the most respected experts in the field. You'll find case studies, best practices, how-to stories, and strategies for handling hot topics that impact case managers.
Feature articles, real-life cases, and FREE continuing education credits...
Case Management Monthly aims to keep you up to date on the hottest topics in case management, including:
- RAC preparation
- Hospital readmission prevention
- Evidence-based case management models
- Emergency department case management
- Observation services vs. inpatient admission
- Clinical documentation improvement
- Discharge planning strategies
- CMS' Important Message from Medicare and Notification of Hospital Discharge Appeal Rights notices
Our editorial advisors are respected leaders in case management. Together, with our team of veteran reporters, we'll bring you inside the successful case management practices of your peers. Our advisory board includes:
- Jackie Birmingham, RN, BSN, MS, vice president of regulatory, monitoring and clinical leadership at Curaspan, Inc.
- Karen Zander, RN, MS, CMAC, FAAN, principal and co-owner of The Center for Case Management
- Deborah K. Hale, CCS, president of Administrative Consultant Service, LLC
- Wendy DeVreugd, RN, BSN, PHN, FNP, senior director of case management at Kindred Healthcare, Hospital Division
- June Stark, RN, BSN, MEd, director of case management, social work, and support services, Tufts Medical Center
- Loretta Olsen , MSN, RN, director of case management at Memorial Hermann Health Systems
- Stefani Daniels, RN, MSNA, CMAC, ACM, managing partner at Phoenix Medical Management, Inc.
Subscribe to Case Management Monthly today, and look forward to:
A tried and true monthly tool: Each month enjoy a tested, tear-out tool shared by our industry sources for you to use as an added subscriber benefit.
From the Director's Desk: In each issue, you'll find an insert written by a director of case management. From the Director's Desk delivers practical training tips and tools, and presents effective case management strategies for complex case management topics. Recently covered topics include:
- The top 10 hospital case manager best practices
- Properly using condition code 44 and capturing your costs
- Creative solutions to handle noncompliant patients
Complex cases: You know that not every patient moves through the system smoothly. Issues arise that can complicate care and delay the discharge process. Your colleagues' real-life experiences are reported in detail in "Complex Cases," a featured article in Case Management Monthly.
A one-year print subscription to Case Management Monthly also buys you FREE electronic access to every issue. With a few clicks of your mouse, you can read current and past issues with your easy-to-use online account.
In addition to providing nurse leaders like you with all of the tips and information to do your job more effectively, you'll receive FREE continuing nursing education contact hours—a truly invaluable resource! This special benefit to Case Management Monthly subscribers means that in addition to being on top of all of the hottest topics in your field, you and your staff will qualify for 10 ANCC contact hours each year (earned quarterly). You'll also be able to earn 6 CCMC contact hours.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
HCPro is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for 2.5 quarterly nursing contact hours is provided by HCPro.
Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC)
This program has been pre-approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM board certified case managers. The course is approved for 6 quarterly CE contact hours.
Save money when you purchase multiple copies! Ask your customer service representative about money-saving discounts and bulk orders. Call toll free 800-650-6787 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.