Evidence-Based Staff Development: Strategies to Create, Measure and Refine Your Program
As of June 20, 2014, contact hours for nurses are no longer available with this product.
Bringing evidence-based practice to the world of staff development
Evidence-based practice is becoming the standard across all areas of nursing for improving patient outcomes and quality of care. With an increasing focus on cost-containment and accountability in staff development, it is critical that staff educators learn to use evidence and measurable results to justify and improve their processes.
Give your staff educators the consistent, objective, and validated tools they need to improve their practice with Evidence-Based Staff Development: Strategies to Create, Measure, and Refine Your Program.
Take your existing staff development programs to the next level
Implementing evidence-based processes can seem an insurmountable task, and many staff educators may not know where to begin. With the help of Evidence-Based Staff Development: Strategies to Create, Measure, and Refine Your Program, your educators will immediately be able to determine how their services impact the organization, how to use objective evidence to revise their services, and how to demonstrate return on investment. Using evidence-based practice to provide effective staff education can also strengthen your ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®* application.
The first of its kind, this practical guide will assist educators through the process of gathering data and examining evidence to:
- Improve or refine existing programs
- Create future programs
- Develop an entire new model for staff development
Evidence-Based Staff Development also provides real-world information on the benefits and challenges, as well as the legal and ethical implications that can arise when designing a staff development program.
Take a look at the table of contents:
- Purpose and rationale for evidence-based staff development practice
- Overview of the evidence-based practice movement
- Implications for evidence-based staff development practice
- Implementation of evidence-based practice in staff development
- Using evaluation data as part of evidence-based practice in staff development
- Evidence-based staff development practice and predictions of the future
- Explain the use of evidence in staff development practice
- Review sources for gathering data/evidence for staff development practice
- Summarize the historical issues that contribute to evidence-based staff development practice
- Discuss the advantages and barriers to evidence-based practice (EBP) in staff development
- Explain the ethical implications of EBP in staff development
- Identify legal implications of EBP in staff development
- Explain how to acquire support from staff, management, and administration for the implementation of evidence-based practice (EBP) in staff development
- Identify strategies for the implementation of EBP in staff development
- Explain how EBP in staff development helps to achieve and maintain ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®* status
- Describe program evaluation data to evidence-based practice (EBP) in staff development
- Discuss future possibilities for staff development practice
Customizable tools and strategies for measuring performance
To streamline the implementation, Evidence-Based Staff Development also comes with downloadable tools. These valuable electronic resources provide customizable forms and figures, including a tool that can be used to benchmark results and perform quality analysis. Download and modify any of the forms to fit your needs and print them out for immediate use.
Evidence-Based Staff Development: Strategies to Create, Measure, and Refine Your Program is the perfect resource for directors of education, staff development specialists, directors of nursing, vice presidents of nursing, chief nursing officers, directors of nursing, nurse managers, and human resource directors.
Address your staff development practice with evidence
Evidence-based practice is the buzz in nursing. Staff development specialists facilitate this practice among their clinical customers, but rarely base their own practice on evidence. With the help of Evidence-Based Staff Development, you’ll get the tools you need to do just that. Order your copy today!
About the author
Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, is the president and owner of Avillion’s Curriculum Design in York, PA. A past president of the National Nursing Staff Development Organization (NNSDO), she specializes in designing continuing education programs for healthcare professionals and freelance medical writing. She has published extensively, including serving as editor of the first and second editions of The Core Curriculum for Staff Development. Her most recent publications include Designing Nursing Orientation: Evidence-Based Strategies for Effective Programs, A Practical Guide to Staff Development: Tools and Techniques for Effective Education, and the Nurse Educator Manual: Essential Skills and Guidelines for Effective Practice, all published by HCPro, Inc. in Marblehead, MA. Avillion holds a Master’s Degree in nursing and a Doctorate in adult education from Penn State University.
Faculty Disclosure Statement:
HCPro Inc. has confirmed that none of the faculty/presenters or contributors have any relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of this educational activity.
HCPro's risk-free, money-back guarantee
If for any reason your purchase does not meet your needs, return it within 30 days and you will receive a prompt, polite, 100% refund—no questions asked.
Published: June 2007