ICD-10 Training Toolkit
Get the building blocks you need for ICD-10 training success
Readiness starts today with this ICD-10 orientation program for your staff. HCPro has been providing expert coding training and education for years, and we’ll take your team to the “Ah, I get it” moment.
This complete resource, a $940 value offered at only $499, will kickstart your ICD-10 training from assessment and introductory education to continuing skills refreshers that you'll use through ICD-10 implementation.
The ICD-10 Training Toolkit provides the building blocks for your training programs for physicians as well as coding, HIM, documentation, and billing professionals in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
The ICD-10 Training Toolkit includes:
- The Coder’s Guide to ICD-10 (5 copies included) 100 page training guide with detailed information about the new code sets for outpatient and inpatient coders that will introduce the new system, reduce fears, and help them to understand the differences between ICD-10 and ICD-9-CM.
- ICD-10 Competency Assessment for Coders: Anatomy and Physiology (5 copies)
- ICD-10 Competency Assessment for Coders: ICD-10-CM & ICD-10-PCS (5 copies)
- These assessment workbooks test anatomy and physiology and ICD-10 coding knowledge, and each features 100 questions and answers developed to help you kick off your program and see where your coding and HIM staff need focused training efforts. You’ll identify key areas of your staff members’ foundational learning that your program will need to address.
- ICD-10 Flashcards (5 card packs) facilitate new ICD-10-PCS code training for coders. These handy flashcards will strengthen your staff members’ grasp of the new code set as well as root operations.
- ICD-10 Mail for Physicians (CD-ROM) developed by Dr. Robert S. Gold, is a CD-ROM with 52 e-mail messages for a year of information tailored to physician needs, with the emphasis on documentation guidance. Perfect for your physician documentation education programs as you kick off your ICD-10 preparation, it also includes a PowerPoint® presentation that provides an overview of ICD-10, highlighting the main guidelines and documentation strategies physicians need to know.
- ICD-10 Mail for Coders (CD-ROM) is a CD-ROM that includes 52 e-mail messages – a new message to send to your staff each week for a year with tips and quiz questions to prepare them on a continuing basis for ICD-10. The CD-ROM also includes an interactive game for coders, case study exercises, and a PowerPoint® “Train the Trainer” presentation that buyers can customize and use to train staff.
- The ICD-10 Training Toolkit User Guide (not available separately)
- All of the Toolkit components except for the User Guide are also available separately. Buy the Toolkit and then mix and match components as needed for new staff, special training sessions, or additional members of your team. Click on each title above to order separate components.
This Toolkit is a must-have for:
- HIM Directors
- Coding Supervisors
- Inpatient and Outpatient Coders
- CDI Specialists/CDI Directors
- Case Managers/Directors of Case Management
- Physician Advisors/Physicians
- ICD-10 Coordinators
- Revenue Cycle Managers
Meet the Authors :
Shannon E. McCall, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-I, CEMC, CCDS, an AHIMA-certified ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer, is director of health information management and coding at HCPro, Inc., in Danvers, MA; and is an author of the Coder’s Guide to ICD-10. McCall also serves as director of the Certified Coder Boot Camp® programs. She developed the Certified Coder Boot Camp®–Inpatient Version, the Evaluation and Management Boot Camp®, and the ICD-10 Basics Boot Camp®. As a member of HCPro, Inc.’s Revenue Cycle Institute, McCall works with hospitals, medical practices, and other healthcare providers on a wide range of coding issues with a particular focus on coding education.
Jennifer Avery, CCS, CPC-H, CPC, CPC-I is an instructor for the Certified Coder Boot Camp®, the Certified Coder Boot Camp® Online, and the Certified Coder Boot Camp®-Inpatient Version; and is an author of the Coder’s Guide to ICD-10. She is a regulatory specialist for HCPro's Revenue Cycle Institute where she utilizes her vast experience in both inpatient and outpatient coding by developing custom training and education sessions. She is an AHIMA-certified ICD-10 trainer. Prior to HCPro, she worked as a coding consultant and as a lead coder at a practice management company.
Robert S. Gold, MD is the author of ICD-10 Mail for Physicians. Dr. Gold has more than 40 years of experience as a physician, medical director, and consultant. Gold is known nationally for his educational presentations about physician documentation and the clinical orientation of coding. Gold is a cofounder of DCBA, Inc., an Atlanta consulting company that provides physician-to-physician educational programs in clinical documentation improvement and development of CDI specialists to support the needs of the medical staff and coder education.
Jennifer McManis, RHIT, Certified ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer is the compliance/privacy officer at Bozeman Deaconess Hospital in Bozeman, MT. She has more than 18 years of experience in the healthcare industry, including acute care hospital and private physician practice settings. She conducts coding and documentation audits and identifies and implements changes for clinical documentation improvement, admission processes, charge entry, and billing practices. She is the author of ICD-10 Mail for Coders.
Lolita M. Jones, RHIA, CCS, an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer, is sole principal of Lolita M. Jones Consulting Services, founded in October 1998 in Fort Washington, MD. Jones has more than 25 years of coding and consulting experience, and is the author of the ICD-10 Competency Assessment for Coders: ICD-10-CM & ICD-10-PCS.