As this newsletter enters its 30th year, it seems only fitting to give it a new look and feel to ensure it evolves with the audience it serves. To better reflect the role of HIM professionals today and the changing HIM landscape, Medical Records Briefing is now HIM Briefings.
Your subscription to HIM Briefings will still have all the great features you've grown to love including:
- The latest guidance on the 2-midnight rule and changes to observation notices
- Reducing healthcare costs and improving patient experience and health outcomes
- Annual IPPS and OPPS changes and what they mean for your bottom line
- Strategies for auditing and monitoring, including the latest on the QIO audits
- The transition from volume- to value-based care and reimbursement
- HIPAA and the privacy and security of PHI
- The latest on the Joint Commission standards
- Strategies for creating and updating effective policies and procedures
- Quarterly benchmarking reports (e.g., annual salary survey, coder productivity survey)
- Monthly medical staff insert written by physicians for physicians
With HIM Briefings, readers discover the latest industry developments and trends that shape the HIM field. Free subscriber benefits include:
- Quarterly reader benchmarking surveys—Recent topics include coding productivity, HIM roles and responsibilities, and release of information practices
- HIM Talk—Our active Internet discussion group is a popular resource for HIM directors and managers to network with their peers.
- HCPro News Alert—Whenever news happens that just can't wait, subscribers receive the pertinent information by e-mail so they're always the first to know.
- A Minute for the Medical Staff—Dr. Robert Gold and Dr. James Kennedy address physicians to help them understand coding and documentation, in this bonus two-page monthly insert.
- Print and online subscription—at no extra cost!—When you order a print subscription, you'll receive the online version at no extra cost! Think you might have missed something? Now you can access past and current issues with your free online account.
Save money when you purchase multiple copies! Ask your customer service representative about money-saving discounts and bulk orders. Call toll free 800-650-6787 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.