Proven Hospital-Physician Alignment Incentives
- Your Price: $279.00
- Add to Cart
Presented on 4/24/2012
Given an ever-shifting and acquisition-prone time in healthcare, the effectiveness of your physician-hospital alignment strategy has never been more vital. Guided by compliance rules and spurred by effective incentives, you can achieve alignment. Gain proven, measurable techniques to establish real value and fair compensation and build lasting loyalty.
Join HealthLeaders Media to get strategies and solutions direct from three executives with alignment expertise.
You’ll leave this webcast with:
- Proven ways to effectively measure physician productivity and compensation
- Tactics to balance physicians’ actual worth vs. perceived worth
- Strategies for an effective compliance process, with case law examples
- Incentive ideas and structures to build physician loyalty and citizenship
- A look ahead at the future of physician alignment
- Specific answers to your physician alignment questions
A roundtable-style interview and discussion, guided by pre-submitted audience questions
- Market and measures for compensation vs. productivity
- Balancing reality and perception for physician worth
- Corralling the outliers
- Fair Market Value
- Process and education
- Using case law to educate physicians and healthcare leaders
- Compensation models
- Using data to enforce contract- and policy-driven goals
- On-call expectation
- Alignment through loyalty
- Use of EMR
- Physician leadership council
- Building individual practice as part of the organization
- Value of physicians’ desire to treat patients, not numbers
- Future of incentives
- System-wide performance enhancement
- Growing percentage of physician “at-risk” compensation
Allen N. Kram, FASPR, is the director of physician development at Health Quest in Lagrangeville, NY. In this position, Kram works with the system to develop and grow the Health Quest Medical Practice, PC. Kram’s responsibilities include physician recruitment, on-boarding, compensation analysis, practice acquisitions, and the physician liaison program. Kram has over 20 years of physician recruitment experience.
Prior to joining Health Quest, Kram was the senior physician recruiter for the Mid Atlantic Permanente Medical Group. He has been a member of Association for Staff Physician Recruiters for over seven years and is the co-chair of the ASPR Education Committee. He is also an active member of the Fellowship Committee. Kram serves as a director and founding member of the Upstate New York Physician Recruiters group.
Michael L. Murphy, MS, MBA, FACHE, CMPE is the executive vice president of Health Networks for Trinity Health in Novi, MI.
He directs the Clinical Integration Program and the Accountable Care Development efforts for Trinity including initiatives related to patient-centered medical home, CMS Shared Savings program, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation Bundled Payment, pay for performance programs, and other key health reform strategies. Murphy also directs the organization’s focus on development of health networks, including ambulatory services, physician alignment, and practice management for Trinity’s 3,000+ employed providers, homecare services, and long-term care initiatives across Trinity Health’s 11-state network.
Previously, Murphy directed Trinity’s network of over 3,000 employed providers and led the developmental focus for alignment of primary care and specialty networks, alignment with physician and physician-hospital organizations (POs, PHOs), contracting development, and enhancement of physician leaders and physician recruitment. He was principal architect for developing a “Unified Service Organization” for practice management that includes wide-ranging services and support to each market-based group practice.
Tom Dobosenski is a managing principal in the Minneapolis office of Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. Prior to joining the firm, Dobosenski served as executive managing director of human capital services for RSM McGladrey. With more than 30 years of accounting, business management, and consulting experience in both healthcare and private industry, Dobosenski has significant experience in providing strategic and financial consulting services, involving organizational development, compensation systems design and implementation, and corporate finance. A sampling of his projects includes:
- Designing and implementing unique strategic physician compensation plans that align the physician practice with their organizations goals and objectives
- Providing guidance and counsel on diverse corporate finance issues, including corporate restructuring, turnaround management, financial management and modeling, and business process improvement
- Developing an innovative benchmarking tool for measuring physician productivity using relative base value units
- Conducting extensive analysis of insurance and retirement programs, leading to the development of innovative solutions and savings
- Drafting and negotiating financing agreements to fund future operational requirements for organizations with funding shortages
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
CFOs, CEOs, CMOs, COOs, VPs of revenue / finance, group practice administrators, physician recruiters, physician development professionals, HR, directors of revenue / finance, managers of revenue / finance
WEBCAST ON-DEMANDWebcast on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer. It’s a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
WEBCAST SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
To fully benefit from the Webcast experience, you will need a computer equipped with a Broadband Internet connection, a sound card, and speakers or headphones. Macromedia Flash player Version 8.0 or greater, a recommended screen resolution of 1024 x 768, and an Internet Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). The use of AOL or wireless Internet connections is not recommended.
Product Types :