New Physician Referral Models for Value-Based Care
Presented on 5/15/2012
Successful physician referral programs are strategic, data driven, and coordinated with an organization’s overall physician engagement plan. Does your program fit the bill?Join HealthLeaders Media for a 90-minute webcast on physician referral solutions.
Following this webcast, you'll be able to:
- Differentiate the roles and goals of each team member in successfully developing referral relationships
- Assess market needs to customize your right referral solution
- Leverage the strategic value of this type of approach to improve your organization within the market
- Understand the changing field sales environment and potential implications for your market
- Get answers to your specific physician marketing & recruitment questions
A tailored roundtable-style interview and discussion, guided by pre-submitted audience questions
- Benefits of physician referral programs
- How referral programs have changed
- Establishing organizational need
- Growing market share, volumes, and revenue
- Developing new business opportunities with physicians
- Identifying potential target areas
- Customizing field efforts to the market and current growth priorities
- Structuring a program
- Engaging senior leadership to steer the program vision
- Identifying program leaders
- Defining the role
- Adding staff vs. retraining
- Marketing responsibilities of the role in-house
- Quantifying success
- Selecting key metrics and measures
- Sharing results
- Creating bonus incentives
- Building a balanced schedule for referral agents’ onsite and offsite time
- Tackling communication
- Delivering your organization’s strategic message
- Earning trust
- Messaging program changes
- Looking ahead
- How will healthcare reform affect referral programs
Jeff Brickman, FACHE, is CEO of St. Anthony Hospital and president of Centura Health’s Mountains North Denver Operating Group.
Prior to St. Anthony Hospital and Centura Health, Brickman was the System Senior VP, Provena Health, and CEO, Provena Saint Joseph Medical Center, Joliet, Ill. Under his leadership, several innovative physician alignment models were developed to drive growth and improve quality, including a clinical integration effort recently approved by the Federal Trade Commission. With a staunch focus on growth, he led PSJMC's surgical, neuro, cardiovascular, pediatric and emergency programs to consistently rank among the busiest in the entire state. From the development of the ministry’s new all private room patient tower and the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency department, to the addition of sophisticated services such as neurosciences, minimally invasive surgery and pediatric sub-specialties, Brickman worked to strategically position the Medical Center for enduring success.
Brickman began his career in health care management at Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Mass., the state’s third largest hospital and flagship medical center for Baystate Health, where he spent 17 ½ years in various leadership roles of increasing managerial responsibility, culminating in the position of senior vice president/chief operating officer.
Kimberly Marzullo, RN, MBA, is system director, physician marketing & liaison program, Sutter Health.
Marzullo has been in the healthcare field for 19 years in both clinical and business development roles. A Registered Nurse, she received her MBA from “Thunderbird”, the American Graduate School of International Management. In 2007, Marzullo joined Sutter Health to create a new Physician Liaison Program for their integrated network of 24 hospitals and 5 medical foundations that serve Northern California and has tripled the size and scope of responsibility of her team since its inception.
Prior to Sutter Health, she held multiple leadership positions with Banner Health in physician services, patient transfer center operations and outreach, physician recruitment and medical staff Services.
Kriss Barlow, RN, MBA, is principal, Barlow/McCarthy, Hudson, Wis.
Barlow is a recognized expert in physician relations, retention and sales, and working with teams to enhance physician strategy. She is a frequent presenter at national conferences and webinars including The Forum for Healthcare Strategists, SHSMD and ACHE. She’s the author of four books including two HealthLeaders Media books: A Marketer’s Guide to Best Practices in Physician Relations and The Complete Guide to Physician Relationships in an Accountable Care Era. A certified sales instructor, Barlow is on the Board of Directors for SHSMD, the AHA’s Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development.Barlow has a Bachelors Degree in Nursing from Augustana College, Sioux Falls, S.D., and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska, Omaha.
WHO IS ATTENDING?
Leaders in hospital administration, marketing, physician relations, medical affairs; VPs, directors, and managers of strategy and business development, physician services
Webcast on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer. It’s a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
WEBCAST SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
To fully benefit from the Webcast experience, you will need a computer equipped with a Broadband Internet connection, a sound card, and speakers or headphones. Macromedia Flash player Version 8.0 or greater, a recommended screen resolution of 1024 x 768, and an Internet Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). The use of AOL or wireless Internet connections is not recommended.