Inpatient Postoperative Complications
Resolve Your Facility's Documentation and Coding Concerns
LIVE AUDIO CONFERENCE
Thursday, July 12, 2012
1:00–3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00–2:00 p.m. (Central)
11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. (Mountain)
10:00–12:00 p.m. (Pacific)
Surgeons don’t want their documentation of a postoperative complication to negatively affect their physician profile. Getting appropriate documentation of such conditions is necessary to accurately capture patient conditions and reimbursement.
During this live two-hour audio conference our speakers will provide tools to help you bridge the gap between clinical language, physician concerns, and coding requirements. They will present case studies for common conditions that lead to postoperative complications .
Note: Participants should have inpatient coding experience, patient quality reporting experience, and a general familiarity with the basic coding guidelines and definitions of postoperative complications.
- State the different coding and clinical definitions of post-operative complications
- Describe the impact of ICD-10 on coding and documentation for surgical complications
- Encourage communication between quality staff and coders
- Explain how to proactively educate physicians on documentation requirements
- Write compliant, non-leading queries for post-operative complication conditions
- State the impact of post-operative complications on physician profiles
- Postoperative complications overview
- Coding directives
- Implications of incorrect assignment of complications
- Hospital Acquired Conditions (HACs)
- Patient Safety Indicators vs. HACs
- ICD-10 impact
- Quality/coding connections
- Physician documentation and education
- Links to complication
- Compliant querying
- Current AHA Coding Clinic advice
- Compliant CDI clarifications
- Targeted lessons
- Case examples
- Intraoperative accidental lacerations (e.g., coronary artery dissection, bowel perforation, dural tears)
- Postoperative respiratory failure
- Postoperative device infections
- Line infections
- Postoperative ileus
- Postoperative shock (and hemorrhage)
- Intraoperative fractures
- A live question and answer session will follow the presentation.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Audrey G. Howard, RHIA, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, is a senior consultant with 3M Consulting. She has more than 20 years of experience in the Health Information Management field, including extensive knowledge in ICD-9-CM coding. Howard is responsible for 3M Consulting’s coding research and education.Cheryl M. Manchenton, RN, BSN, is an inpatient consultant with 3M Consulting for Documentation Improvement. She has more than 20 years of experience including policy and procedure development, ethics, staff training, education and clinical development, performance improvement and quality initiatives development; and documentation improvement.
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this audio conference, you'll also receive a slide presentation of the program materials plus the following bonus items. These materials are provided with PDF links.
- Sample queries
HCPro is applying for continuing education credits for this program. This site will be updated when credits are approved. For more information please contact customer service at 800-650-6787.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
CDI specialists, CDI manager, HIM directors, inpatient coders, coding managers, quality managers and staff, compliance managers and staff
DIAL IN TOLL-FREE!
You can now call in toll-free to our live audio conferences. This added benefit means you can save on long-distance charges and receive even more value from this important program! Details on how to call will be sent to you via e-mail with your materials package.
CAN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. You’ll be able to download the on demand version to at no additional charge when you buy the live version. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times! $259 value!
- Participation in the call is just $259 per site and allows access to ONE phone line for an unlimited number of people to listen. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet. Live orders are assessed a $5 processing fee. CD, and combo orders are charged $18 for shipping and handling.
- Audio conference materials will be delivered via e-mail four days prior to the conference and again the day before the conference.
Product Types :
SOURCE CODE: N/A