2013 IPPS Final Rule Highlights and New Initiatives
Sponsored by: Medicare Boot Camp - Hospital
Thursday, September 20, 2012
1:00–12:30 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00–1:30 p.m. (Central)
11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. (Mountain)
10:00–11:30 a.m. (Pacific)
The sheer volume of new payment information that will be in the 2013 IPPS Final Rule will be difficult to navigate—and once you find what you are looking for, it can be hard to decipher CMS' "government speak."
This 90-minute audio conference is your life line. Our experts comb the rule and pull out the information you need to know. You’ll learn about DRG and payment changes, finalized policies, and about how the readmission reduction, value based purchasing, and other quality initiatives will affect your hospital.
- Explain how the readmission reduction program will affect individual hospital payment rates
- Identify new hospital acquired condition (HAC) diagnosis codes
- Identify changes to MS-DRG classifications for 2013
- Explain how CMS’ “under arrangement” guidance and delay affect your hospital
- Identify new and eliminated measures for both Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) and Value Based Purchasing (VBP)
- Quality of care
- Readmission reduction program
- Hospital value-based purchasing program
- Inpatient Quality Reporting Program
- MS-DRG changes
- New Hospital Acquired Conditions
- Payment updates
- Updated Standardized Amounts and other factors
- New technology
- Policy clarifications
- A live question and answer session will follow the presentation.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Kimberly Anderwood Hoy, JD, CPC, is the director of Medicare and compliance for HCPro, Inc. She is a lead regulatory specialist for HCPro’s Revenue Cycle Institute and is the lead instructor for HCPro’s Medicare Boot Camp® – Hospital Version and Medicare Boot Camp® – Critical Access Hospital Version.
Kristen Geissler, MS, PT, CPHQ, MBA is a director of Clinical Economics with Berkeley Research Group, LLC. She is the director of their quality-based reimbursement product line, focusing on the impact of coding and documentation on these policies.
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this audio conference, you'll also receive a slide presentation of the program materials plus the following bonus items. These materials are provided with PDF links.
HCPro is applying for continuing education credits for this program. This site will be updated when credits are approved. For more information please contact customer service at 800-650-6787.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Billers, revenue cycle managers/directors, clinical documentation specialists, compliance officers, case managers, RAC coordinators, HIM directors/managers, physicians, quality managers, coding managers
DIAL IN TOLL-FREE!
You can now call in toll-free to our live audio conferences. This added benefit means you can save on long-distance charges and receive even more value from this important program! Details on how to call will be sent to you via e-mail with your materials package.
CAN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. You’ll be able to download the on demand version to at no additional charge when you buy the live version. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times! $259 value!
- Participation in the call is just $259 per site and allows access to ONE phone line for an unlimited number of people to listen. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet. Live orders are assessed a $5 processing fee. CD, and combo orders are charged $18 for shipping and handling.
- Audio conference materials will be delivered via e-mail four days prior to the conference and again the day before the conference.
Product Types :
SOURCE CODE: N/A