Physician-Hospital Alignment After the ACA Decision
- Your Price: $279.00
- Add to Cart
Presented on 8/7/2012, 1:00-2:30 p.m. (ET)
Physician-Hospital Alignment After the ACA Decision. A healthcare institution can only achieve long-term success if there is strategic alignment between the hospital and its physicians. That requires finding common ground and forging new relationships, whether through joint ventures, co-management, or full employment. But what forms of hospital/physician integration work best?
You’ll leave this webcast knowing how to:
- Understand the different types of hospital/physician alignment agreements
- Determine how the Supreme Court decision might affect alignment arrangements
- Identify the alignment agreements that make the best sense for your organization
- Develop pathways for achieving physician buy-in
- Identify and overcome common hurdles to an alignment agreement
- Build compelling incentives into an alignment model
We will have 45 minutes of presentation/case study followed by 45 minutes of interview/roundtable/discussion/Q&A
- Applying the three levels of alignment: limited, moderate and full
- Deciding which alignment model to use
- Advantages/disadvantage of alignment versus acquisition
- Effect of Supreme Court decision on alignment models
- Creating a contract
- Defining expectations by model
- What needs to be documented
- Structuring Compensation
- Defining incentives
- Defining quality metrics
- Which models to use
- Reading Red flags
- When to step away from an agreement
- Overcoming challenges
- Live Q&A (Customize this webcast! Pre-submit your questions.)
James T. Canedy, MD, FACHE, President and Founder, SimplyWell LLC
Dr. Canedy is a practicing, board-certified orthopedic surgeon, a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic surgeons and a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. He holds numerous other board and leadership positions in the healthcare industry and community
Scott D. Nygaard, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Physician Services and Network Development, Lee Memorial Health System
Dr. Nygaard serves as the health system liaison with independent community physicians, as well as working with employed and contracted physicians.
Max Reiboldt, CPA, President and CEO,Coker Group
Reiboldt is a thought leader in physician-hospital affiliation initiatives and accountable care organizations, speaking and publishing frequently on both topics. His expertise encompasses all the non-clinical aspects of physician practice management, from employment and compensation agreements to medical staff and ancillary services development to practice appraisals.
WHO IS ATTENDING?
CEO, VP Finance, CFO, COO, CMO, Group Practice Administrators
WEBCAST SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
To fully benefit from the Webcast experience, you will need a computer equipped with a Broadband Internet connection, a sound card, and speakers or headphones. Macromedia Flash player Version 8.0 or greater, a recommended screen resolution of 1024 x 768, and an Internet Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). The use of AOL or wireless Internet connections is not recommended.
Participation in the Webcast is just $399 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet. Live orders are assessed a $5 processing fee. CD and combo orders are charged $18 for shipping and handling.
Prior to the Webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log–in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
Product Types :
SOURCE CODE: EHCM