Develop an Innovative and Integrated Palliative Care Program
Presented on 04/23/13, 1:00-2:30 (ET)
Coordinated palliative care programs in hospitals are becoming increasingly popular because they deliver clinical benefits especially to chronically ill patients. Studies show that palliative care programs can offer patients a higher quality of life and increased longevity. Such programs are relatively inexpensive because of a low start-up investment, with increasing potential for ROI because of a growing aging population. Join experts from Sutter Health and Saint Agnes Medical Center and learn new tools and strategies for developing a multidisciplinary palliative care program.
Register for Develop an Innovative and Integrated Palliative Care Program and participate in an interactive Q&A, lessons learned, and best practices. You’ll learn how to:
- Identify the branding issue between hospice and palliative care
- Reshape the brand of palliative care
- Recognize when to integrate palliative care into the process
- Integrate palliative care concepts and culture within your organization
- Improve efficiency of care and offer better quality of life to patients with chronic or long-standing illnesses
We will have 45 minutes of presentation followed by 45 minutes of open-forum Q&A. To pre-submit questions, please email email@example.com.
- Advanced Illness Management (AIM)
- Overcoming branding problems
- Sutter case study
- Patient-centered, multidisciplinary care management
- Create a consultant team
- Integrate with other programs
- Home care and hospice
- Multidisciplinary support team
- Make the patient’s personal life goals the priority, don’t just relieve symptoms
- Provide seamless care across all settings
- Care coordination between hospital staff, telemanagement, at home
- Cooperation with other healthcare facilities and hospices
- Cost savings: Reduces hospitalizations by 50%
- Cost savings: Reduces ICU utilization by 80%
- Reduces physician visits
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Better care/improving relationships with patients/family
- Make patient’s personal life goals a priority
- Team care: Medication reconciliation
- Palliative care extends life expectancy
- Getting buy-in from leadership
- Creating teams of people who work for different systems
- Physicians have lost the art of getting to know people and give recommendations
- Where are we going?
- Shared risk/shared savings approaches/care coordination
- Improved marketing
- Cost efficiencies—St. Agnes case study: program on shoestring $400,000 budget
Brad Stuart, MD, Chief Medical Officer
Sutter Care at Home
Brad Stuart, MD, is chief medical officer of Sutter Care at Home, the largest home care and hospice provider in Northern California. He was voted “Physician of the Year” in 2007 by the California Association for Health Services at Home.
Michael Nisco, MD, MBA, Medical Director
Saint Agnes Medical Center Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Michael Nisco, MD, MBA, is medical director of Saint Agnes Medical Center Hospice and Palliative Care Services. He is also the director of The Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program for UC San Francisco Medical School in Fresno.
WHO IS ATTENDING?
CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Group Practice Administrators, CMOs
WEBCAST SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, you will need a computer equipped with a broadband Internet connection, a sound card, and speakers or headphones. You will also need Macromedia Flash Version 8.0 or greater and an Internet browser (e.g., Internet Explorer); additionally, we recommend a screen resolution of 1024 x 768. The use of AOL or wireless Internet connections is not recommended.
Participation in the webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet. Live orders are assessed a $5 processing fee.Confirmation of your successful registration, including instructions on how to access the webcast on the day of the presentation, will be sent to you via email. If you don't receive such an email, please first check your spam box. Should you have additional questions regarding the registration process, please contact us at 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product Types :