Healthcare IT: Tackling Regulatory, Clinical, and Business Needs
Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power, February 2013
- Your Price: $800.00
- Add to Cart
Once regarded as a support function, IT is increasingly seen as central to healthcare providers’ ability to meet the challenges of regulatory compliance, clinical quality improvements, and profitability. This report takes a closer look at how and where leading providers are allocating their IT investments to achieve maximum impact—and where they are most vulnerable.
In this NEW report, gain insights into key strategies and spending plans, such as the following:
- IT is costly and ROI can be difficult to calculate, but 75% of healthcare leaders are satisfied with the value IT delivers.
- Healthcare providers are betting heavily on analytics, with 77% increasing investments in clinical analytics and 62% in financial analytics over the next three years.
- IT is key to improving population health: Supporting coordinated care is one of the top IT priorities for all settings, and was mentioned by more than half (51%) of health systems in particular.
- Data integration is a big deal. More than one-third of respondents (34%) have integrated their ambulatory and outpatient EHR records, and 33% are rolling out their EHR integration program. Overall, 50% say that integrating clinical and financial data will be a key investment area over the next three years.
- Productivity metrics are lacking: Nearly one-third of healthcare leaders (31%) acknowledge a weakness in accessing, analyzing, and acting upon staff productivity data. This threatens their ability to counter declining revenues through maximum efficiency.
- IT is getting more clinical: Tracking clinical performance is among the top three strategic drivers of their IT efforts for nearly half of respondents (48%).
- Reporting requirements remain a burden: Nearly two-thirds (64%) include ICD-10 among the regulatory/documentation challenges over the next three years.
This report is part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power series, the premier source for original, timely data on healthcare purchasing trends and projections drawn from surveys of more than 6,000 healthcare leaders–plus independent expert analysis and real-world case studies.
What's that worth to your business? Consider these facts:
- 90% of our 6,000-member research panel influence the purchase of your products and services
- They average $125 million of spend influence
Turn to Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power to find out what healthcare executives are thinking and:
- Target influencers by market size, region, setting, and organizational size
- Size up current market trends in healthcare purchasing
- Identify emerging sales opportunities
- Track the latest trends and best practices in healthcare delivery
- Access in-depth data directly related to each healthcare product and service segment
- Gauge the purchasing behavior of different segments and regions of the healthcare market
- Create more targeted and effective marketing, sales, and business development strategies
Click here to subscribe annually and save—you won't miss a single report on these key industry topics:
|February||Annual Technology Survey|
|March||Cardiology Service Line|
|April||Collaborative Care Organizations|
|May||Emergency Department Strategies|
|June||Service Line Strategies|
|July||Patient Quality & Safety|
Product Types :