Integrate HIEs into Physician and Staff Workflows for Better Outcomes
- Your Price: $279.00
- Add to Cart
Presented on: Monday, June 17 2013
Presented by: Linda A. Reed, RN, MBA, FCHIME and David L. Miller, MHSA, FHIMSS, CHCIO
Health information exchange technology (HIE) and HIE business relationships play a pivotal role in healthcare providers sharing information in order to improve care and lower cost. Early HIE business models based on stimulus funds are giving way to sustainable subscription-based or joint operating agreement models with providers playing increasingly important roles. HIEs must effectively locate patient records, allow colleagues to exchange messages across organizations, and look to providing additional services, such as exchanging lab test results.
Order r Integrate HIEs into Physician and Staff Workflows for Better Outcomes and see how to successfully integrate HIE into existing organizational workflows using real-world examples and presenting best practices.
- “Build vs. buy” approaches to HIE
- Privacy and security considerations of HIE
- HIE cost-sharing models
- Engaging physicians to promote HIE adoption
- Leveraging HIE in ACO initiatives
- Creating and governing a Health Information Organization
- Where to start with data exchange
- Various methods of exchanging data
- Atlantic Health Systems case study
- Relay Health starting in 2006-2007
- Started with 13 organizations
- Where to start with data exchange
- The difficulties exchanging data
- Integrating HIE into existing physician and staff workflow
- Privacy and security
- Some information is held back: behavioral health, HIV
- “Break-the-glass” techniques for requiring more elevated authentication and authorization to release held-back information to caregivers
- Operationalizing opt in/opt out
- Lessons learned
- Metrics from early adopters
- Blue Button
- HIE to HIE technology
- Supporting the Direct Project Exchange protocol
- Financial and Quality benefits to data exchange
- What is a secondary use?
- What do your members get?
- What will the analytics be, and for whom are they intended?”
Who is attending
CIOs, VPs of IT, physician leaders, COOs
Meet the speakers (speakers subject to change)
Linda A. Reed, RN, MBA, FCHIME, is Vice President of Behavioral and Integrative Medicine and Chief Information Officer of Atlantic Health System. Atlantic Health includes Morristown Medical Center Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ and Newton Medical Center in Sussex, NJ. In her roles at Atlantic Health System, Ms. Reed provides leadership in the areas of Information Systems and telecommunications, integrative and holistic medicine and behavioral health service line. Additionally, at this time, Ms. Reed serves as the President of Jersey Health Connect, one of New Jersey’s grant funded health information exchange organizations.
David L. Miller, MHSA, FHIMSS, CHCIO, a nationally recognized health care information technology leader with more than 33 years experience in the industry, serves as vice chancellor for information technology and chief information officer for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS). UAMS is the state’s only academic health sciences center, encompassing patient care, education, research and outreach resources at locations across the state.
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with sound card, an Internet connection, speakers, Macromedia Flash player Version 7.0 or higher, a recommended screen resolution of 1024 x 768, and an Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). The use of AOL is not recommended.
Four days prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
Can’t listen live?
No problem. You’ll be able to download the on demand version to at no additional charge when you buy the live version. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times! $259 value!
- Participation in the webcast is just $259 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet. Live orders are assessed a $5 processing fee. CD, and combo orders are charged $18 for shipping and handling.
Product Types :