HIPAA Security Made Simple
Practical Advice for Compliance
Kate Borten, CISSP, CISM
- Your Price: $109.50
- Add to Cart
Written by Kate Borten, CISSP, the former chief information security officer at one of America's leading health care networks, HIPAA Security Made Simple: Practical Advice for Compliance takes the mystery out of the final security rule with practical, money-saving advice on how to comply with each of the rule's 18 administrative, physical, and technical standards, as well as with each of the 36 underlying implementation specifications.
HIPAA Security Made Simple points out the common pitfalls and mistakes that health care organizations make in overreacting to the security rule. This resource will save you the frustration and wasted money and time of trying to comply with some of the many misinterpretations of the HIPAA security rule that are widely repeated by other so-called security experts.
All information security programs should protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data. HIPAA Security Made Simple will show you how the HIPAA security rule addresses these principles. Regardless of your level of information security experience, HIPAA Security Made Simple offers do's and don'ts for you to follow as you build or refine your information security program.
More specifically, this resource provides:
- A plain-English guide to the final HIPAA security rule
- Useful tips on HIPAA security rule compliance
- Background on the HIPAA security rule's intent
- Common health care information security pitfalls
- Cost-effective HIPAA security compliance guidance
- Valuable HIPAA security compliance assistance tools: Policy templates and forms which are included on the customizable CD-ROM
- Clear guidance about how security and privacy go hand-in-hand under HIPAA
This Resource is a "Must-Have" Tool for:
- Information Security Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Privacy Officers
- Risk Managers
- Chief Information Officers
- Information Technology Managers
HIPAA Security Made Simple: Practical Advice for Compliance will help you build a reasonable and sustainable information security program and comply with the HIPAA security rule.
Product Types :