Healthcare Life Safety Compliance
Four of the top 10 most-cited standards in hospitals stem from Life Safety Code® deficiencies. Don't become a statistic.
Created exclusively for healthcare facility managers, plant operations professionals, and directors of engineering, this monthly 12-page, award-winning resource helps you comply with The Joint Commission’s Life Safety standards, NFPA codes, and related fire protection provisions. Written by Life Safety expert and former Joint Commission Life Safety surveyor, Brad Keyes, CHSP, each issue is packed with analysis and advice on fire and life safety issues that’s easy to read and apply to your facility.
Your subscription to Healthcare Life Safety Compliance includes:
- 12 print & electronic issues of Healthcare Life Safety Compliance with FREE, fully searchable online access
- Critical Q&As: Each month, Brad Keyes, CHSP, answers your most pressing life safety questions. From surveyor hot spots to oxygen storage concerns, no life safety question is off limits
- Quick Tips: Every issue contains implementable, actionable suggestions and advice on the most up to the minute LSC issues
- "Safety Talk" with searchable online archives: Network with your peers through this online chat group
- Advisory board comprised of industry experts: The board, which helps determine the direction of the publication includes: Michael Crowley, PE (senior vice president at Rolf Jensen & Associates, Inc.); and Henry Kowalenko (supervisor of the design standards hunt for the Office of Health Care Regulation, IL Department of Public Health)
Complex compliance language made simple
Each monthly issue of Healthcare Life Safety Compliance delivers the "how-to" advice that helps your facility stay in compliance. We simplify confusing code references and provide tips on what facilities can do to ensure the safety of patients, visitors, and employees.
About Brad Keyes, CHSP:
Brad Keyes, CHSP, has expertise in the management of the Life Safety program, including the Environment of Care and Emergency Management programs.
Keyes presents at national seminars, regional conferences, and audioconferences. He is the author or coauthor of the following HCPro books: Analyzing the Life Safety Survey (2011); Chapter Leaders Guide to Life Safety (2011); Physical Environment Online: A Guide to the Joint Commission’s Safety Standards (2010), The Joint Commission Survey Coordinator’s Handbook, Tenth Edition (2009), and Life Safety Compliance Manual: A Guide to the Joint Commission Standards (2008). He has authored a variety of articles in numerous publications addressing features of life safety and fire protection, as well as white papers and articles on the Building Maintenance Program. He is certified as a Healthcare Safety Professional by the Board of Certified Healthcare Safety Management.
Keyes has worked as a consultant to the healthcare industry for more than 5 years, and in the facilities management side of healthcare for more than 30 years, most recently as safety officer at a large Midwest hospital. He also was one of the original Life Safety Code® specialist surveyors for The Joint Commission and has more than three years of experience in hospital accreditation surveys. He currently is an advisor on all issues of Life Safety to the American Osteopathic Association, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP).