Residency Program Alert
Look no further for the tools and resources that will help you implement solutions to the challenges presented by evolving regulatory requirements.
Residency program directors and coordinators are challenged to effectively manage their programs as accrediting agencies like the ACGME focus on new duty hour rules, supervision, fatigue management, outcome measures, core competencies, and proper documentation. Residency Program Alert (RPA) is the source you need to confidently meet these challenges. The information in RPA goes beyond the standards and regulations, giving you the practical advice, tools, and step-by-step strategies you need to improve your program and make your daily tasks easier.
Every month, RPA provides 12 pages of compliance advice, best practices, and tips from well respected in-the-trenches experts to help you:
- Identify the benchmarks for coordinator success
- Prepare for NAS and its impact
- Manage the recruitment process from ERAS through Match Day
- Assist program directors in implementing teaching methods tools
- Demonstrate an understanding of ACGME standards, Common Program Requirements, and specific speciality requirements
Some recent articles include:
- Incorporate team-based learning into resident education
- Improve early resident assessment
- Creative ideas for stretching your budget
- Changes to GME accreditation system
- Program coordinators’ role as educators
- Instilling leadership and conflict resolution skills in chief residents
- Asking better interview questions
- Four things residency coordinators need to know about the visa process
- How to strengthen the program director-coordinator relationship
- Prepare for the Next Accreditation System (NAS)
It’s more than just a newsletter.
RPA provides more than just a monthly print newsletter. Take a look at all the benefits a subscription has to offer, at no additional charge:
- Residency Program Insider
Our weekly email newsletter gives you access to the latest information, timely tips, techniques, and tools of the trade.
- Sample forms and tools
RPA includes field-tested, time-saving forms and tools that you can adapt for your program.
- FREE, fully searchable, online access to current AND past issues
Your subscription includes electronic access to every issue. With a few clicks of your mouse, you can access current and past issues, including sample forms and tools.
Subscribe now and make your job easier.
Start your subscription today and you’ll receive tools, advice, and best practices on:
- Preparing for NAS
Get ready for the Next Accreditation System (NAS) with the latest information about data submission requirements and educational milestones.
- Curtailed work hours
Stay abreast of the latest duty-hour news and get practical solutions for creating schedules that meet the new requirements, and tracking and monitoring work hours.
- Meeting work environment standards
- Gain curriculum ideas for educating residents and faculty on the signs of fatigue and what to do if a resident is displaying those signs.
- Creating curriculum
Get tips on performing needs assessments, strategies to develop curriculum to meet those needs, best practices for balancing service and education, and practical tools to implement curriculum.
- Outcomes measures
Receive advice on how to create evaluation forms that yield useful information, and how to analyze the data to improve resident or faculty performance and improve your program
- Juggling numerous administrative tasks
Gain advice for coordinators and directors on managing program funding, organizing documentation, tracking residents’ scholarly activities, and building partnerships with the GME office team.
- Legal issues
Get strategies to avoid or reduce liability and risk, how to handle verification requests, methods for documenting poor performance, techniques for handling disruptive residents, and how to fulfill supervision requirements.
With your subscription, you will gain access to all current and past issues, including all sample forms and tools. Here are some recent forms and tools offered by RPA:
- Salary survey
Get tools to help you understand and refine your position within your organization.
- Annual recruitment preparation checklist
Stay ahead of recruitment season with a list of tasks you can accomplish before applications begin pouring in.
- Interview day outline
Use this checklist to keep interview day assignments organized.
- Sample residency interview questions
Keep your interviews fresh with these questions
- Alumni survey
We show you how to get the most out of your surveys, and include samples you can use as a starting point to make yours count.
Who will benefit from a subscription to RPA?
Residency program directors, residency program coordinators, GME coordinators, GME managers, assistant and associate deans, curriculum coordinators, designated institution officials, graduate medical education committee members, medical staff professionals, department heads, faculty development offices.
Product Types :