Nursing CE Series: Finance and Budgeting for Nurse Managers
Earn 1 nursing contact hour!
Nurses don't go into healthcare because they enjoy number crunching!
At last—Finance and Budgeting—a comprehensive online learning course designed specifically to help nurse managers understand the language, forms and statements, and procedures required to manage the financial side of nursing.
Shouldering the finance and budgeting responsibilities thrust upon new nurse managers can be mind boggling—especially without a comprehensive training program. Finance and Budgeting breaks down the confusing—often foreign—financial side of healthcare.
Finance and Budgeting will walk you through:
- Each element of important financial forms and reports
- Confusing financial terminology
- The importance of the nursing department's financial performance to the entire organization
- Your new role as nurse manager with insider tips and reminders
- How to prepare budget presentations and build business plans
- The right way—and the wrong way—to get adequate financial support for your unit
After completing Finance and Budgeting you'll feel comfortable and confident tackling the financial duties of being a nurse manager.
- new nurse managers
- directors of nursing
- chief nursing officers
- HR directors
- staff development specialists
- Identify the flow of revenue cycle in your facility
- Discuss the foreign language of finance
- Identify the components of a financial statement
- Explain the differences between a balance sheet and income and departmental statements
Table of Contents:
- Finance and budgeting: Today's nurse manager
- This is a business
- The financial reimbursement breakdown
- The bigger picture
- Learning the foreign language of finance
- 'Talking the talk' scenario
- Financial management and basic cost accounting
- Financial statements
- Final exam
- Answer key
- Recommended reading
About the Faculty:
KT Waxman, MBA, RN, is President and CEO of KT Waxman and Associates, Healthcare Consulting, based in San Ramon, CA. Waxman is a registered nurse and a certified nursing administrator. She has more than 20 years' experience as a nurse leader. Waxman has held positions as senior consulting manager, chief operating officer, vice president of patient care services, director of behavioral health services, director of critical care services/respiratory therapy, and department director of medical/surgical unit.
Waxman is currently a faculty member of the California Center for Nurse Leadership, and teaches healthcare finance in its intensive program for nurse leaders. Waxman has a passion for mentoring new nurse managers and feels that the middle manager role is the most difficult in healthcare.
This educational activity for one (1) nursing contact hour is provided by HCPro, Inc. HCPro, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
The faculty has signed a vested interest form declaring no commercial/financial stake in this activity.
Benefits of Online Learning at www.hcprofessor.com include:
- Tough questions (and answers) about confusing regulatory standards
- Steps on how to solve pressing nursing needs
- Instant test scores
- Case studies
- Test until success: The option of taking the exam as often as you need during password access
- Certificate of completion
- Student course history and documentation of training
- Discussion groups
- Note-taking and bookmark options
- Internet resources on guidelines and regulations
- Reference materials and recommendations on how to progress to the next step in your courses
- PC users must use Internet Explorer 4.0 or above
- MAC users must use Netscape Navigator 4.0 or above (the use of Internet Explorer may cause technical difficulties)
- Some courses and quizzes may require Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here.
- Try our FREE DEMONSTRATION for both MAC and PC users
For full course descriptions, outlines, and special combination deals, go to www.hcprofessor.com.
Online learners will get 30-day access to the course materials and will be e-mailed their user name and password within 24 to 48 hours after payment has been received.
If you have questions, e-mail Customer Service or call 877/727-1728.
Product Types :