Long-Term Care Legal Desk Reference
"The only thing wrong with this book is the title . . . You should have called it The Long-Term Care Bible."
Janie Krechting, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Aging Services and Administration Program, College of Mount St. Joseph's
Protect your facility from potential lawsuits and minimize risk with The Long-Term Care Legal Desk Reference: Understanding and Minimizing Risk for Nursing Home Managers. Written by accomplished author and legal nurse consultant Barbara Acello, this comprehensive resource identifies potential legal risks and provides the tools and techniques you need to manage them.
Written specifically for administrators and nursing home managers!
Never before has so much valuable information been available in a single resource. The Long-Term Care Legal Desk Reference, a 500-plus page manual and CD-ROM set, will help your facility manage risk and provide quality care with practical information and advice delivered in plain, easy-to-understand language.
You'll receive expert advice and in-depth information on the following risk areas:
- Introduction to long-term care
- Employee issues
- The litigation process
- Standards of care
- Most common causes of survey deficiencies
- Survey outcomes
- Conflict resolution/managing complaints
- Risk management
- The facility environment
- Change in condition
- Pressure ulcers
- Rights of the resident
- Common singular event problems
- Infection-related complications
- Progressive injuries related to nutrition and hydration
- Injuries precipitated by progressive failures and omissions of care
- Medication monitoring
- Employee lawsuits
- Self determination
- Quality assurance/benchmarking
- Financial fraud and abuse
Additional resources available on the companion CD-ROM!
The accompanying CD-ROM features dozens of forms, including
- Affidavit to accompany medical records
- Life Safety Code ® survey checklist
- Resident restraint record
- Quality assessment and assurance audit
- Vaccine consent forms
- And much more!
The Long-Term Care Legal Desk Reference provides explanation and instruction for virtually every legal risk and safety issue in a nursing home. Don’t incur the cost of a high-priced consultation until you’ve researched the problem in this uniquely helpful reference. It provides solid, easy-to-understand answers to the common—but complex—legal questions you face in your daily work.
Product Types :