CPT Coding for the musculoskeletal system
This course provides an overview of the guidelines for musculoskeletal surgery coding, correct selection and application of musculoskeletal system CPT codes, and solutions to common problems in musculoskeletal CPT coding.
HCPro’s Coding & Reimbursement Library provides hands-on learning opportunities for every member of the coding staff, whether veteran coders or those looking to enhance their skills. There are courses in both inpatient and outpatient coding, as well as introductory course to help introduce basic coding concepts to non-coding professionals.
For a complete list of all of the programs in the library, please click this link.
At the end of this course, students will be able to do the following:• Correctly apply musculoskeletal CPT codes
• Explain how this section is laid out for correct selection based on anatomical site
• Select the proper codes for fracture care
• Identify the anatomy of the spine
• Assign CPT codes for arthrodesis
• Determine when it is appropriate to assign a separate code for cast application
For information on continuing education credits for this course, click here.
Intended AudienceOutpatient and physician office coders, students training to become coders, and others involved in ensuring correct coding including but not limited to coding supervisors and managers, billers and documentation specialists.
Benefits of HCPro e-learning courses include:
- Answers to tough questions about coding requirements
- Case studies
- Steps for solving coding challenges
- Interactive test-your-knowledge practice questions throughout the course
- Rationale for answers provided for all practice and final exam questions
- Final exam and instant test score
- Option of taking the exam again during password access
- Certificate of completion student course history and documentation of training
- Bookmark options
For information about computer requirements for this course, click here.
HCPro will e-mail you a user name and password within one to three business days after we receive payment (credit card purchasers can gain access quickly—after we verify the credit card number). If you have questions, e-mail Customer Service or call 877/727-1728.
Training more than 5 coders?If you have 5 or more staff to train you are eligible for discounts and FREE trial access to any course. E-mail our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at 877/233-8828 to learn more. Be sure to let our sales representative know your name, organization, address, and phone number (optional). Ask him or her about our multi-year or multi-library discount plans!
Product Types :