Dealing with Disruptive Physicians: How to End Problem Physician Behavior Now
- Retail: $395.00
- Your Price: $99.00
- Add to Cart
Get the tools you need to make problem physician behavior a thing of the past.
Disruptive physician behavior can take many forms, from repeatedly clashing with staff and peers, to failing to follow important hospital and medical staff policies. Disruptive behavior can undermine patient care and may even break the law by violating the civil rights of fellow workers. The bottom line is that physician behavior that was tolerated in the past will not be tolerated going forward.
Unfortunately, it is not easy to confront physicians about their behavior. It's even harder to get them to change. Dealing with Disruptive Physicians: How to End Problem Physician Behavior Now provides the tools you need to make problem physician behavior a thing of the past. This DVD:
- Trains medical staff leaders in a step-by-step approach to carrying out an intervention with a disruptive physician
- Clarifies the responsibilities of the medical staff for managing physician behavior and the supportive role management, such as the vice president of medical affairs or chief medical officer, can play
- Explains how medical staff leaders should react when a physician fails to correct his or her behavior
- Includes a section that serves as an ideal way for medical staff leaders to open up a discussion with a disruptive physician
- Includes an educational tool for the entire medical staff, orienting them to the medical staff and hospital’s stance on disruptive behavior
- Uses case scenarios that show examples of disruptive behavior and how to intervene