Patient Falls Assessment and Prevention: Global Edition
By Caroline Payson, MSN, RN, CAN, BC and Corinne Haviley, RN, MS
Patient Falls Assessment and Prevention, Global Edition can help hospitals of all sizes create comprehensive, effective patient falls assessment and prevention programs. Healthcare organizations worldwide can use the clear, concise strategies and easy-to-use tools and tips to increase patient safety and show compliance with the Joint Commission International’s Patient Safety Goals and other programs.
It all starts with basic principles:
- All patients are at risk for falls.
- Everyone within a healthcare organization can help prevent falls.
This no-blame, no-nonsense guide to reducing and preventing patient falls—and creating a culture of patient safety—includes step-by-step instructions and realistic advice that any healthcare organization anywhere in the world can use. You’ll learn how to:
- Use a team approach to assessing and preventing falls.
- Educate all staff, patients, and families about falls prevention.
- Build accurate assessment tools and determine each patient’s fall risk.
- Conduct an objective post-fall analysis.
- Collect useful data to locate areas for improvement and to measure your hospital’s progress.
In addition, case studies tell how prestigious hospitals in India and Brazil implemented facilitywide falls assessment and prevention plans.
To download some of the customizable forms and tools in this book, please visit HCPro’s Global Web site at www.hcpro.com/global.
Product Types :