Staff Competency in Patient Access
Tools, tests, and tips for building a successful team
- Retail: $199.00
- Your Price: $99.50
- Add to Cart
You rely heavily on your staff to run a smooth Patient Access department.
Empower them to succeed from the start!
Hire the right people. Train them well. Help them grow.
To get the most out of your staff, you have three major challenges:
- Establish a hiring process which harvests motivated and talented employees
- Create an organized orientation which will prepare your staff to handle the complexities of their job and provide them with necessary tools to perform their duties
- Implement a detailed program to evaluate and reassess staff and use the data to develop initiatives for performance improvement
Staff Competency in Patient Access: Tools, tests, and tips for building a successful team by Michael S. Friedberg, FACHE, CHAM is THE ultimate resource for you to meet and exceed your organization’s competency requirements. It presents the tools you need to hire the right people, enable them to do their job, and keep your organization running efficiently.
Customizable tools on accompanying CD-ROM
Take advantage of the more than 50 tools available you can download and adapt to fit your specific needs.
- Sample quality assurance programs
- Competency exams and answer keys
- Job descriptions
- Competency clues and reminders for staff
- Individual scorecards to track progress
- And more!
Take a look at the table of contents:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Baseline hiring: Hunting for the right candidates
Chapter 3: The interviewing process
Chapter 4: Getting started with your training initiative
Chapter 5: Training: Initial and ongoing efforts
Chapter 6: Quality review
Chapter 7: Creating useful management tools
Chapter 8: Sample job descriptions
Chapter 9: Sample staff competency exams
Chapter 10: Additional resources
Staff Competency in Patient Access: Tools, tests, and tips for building a successful team features helpful ideas for improving the three critical steps to hire and retain the right staff and reduce turnover:
- Markets and professions to look for the right candidates to hire
- The right questions to ask a prospective employee
- Job descriptions to attract qualified individuals
- Sample tests to gauge competency
- Develop an organized orientation
- Provide your staff with the tools they need to optimally perform their jobs
- Learn the best way to get your staff up to speed quickly
Ongoing training and reassessment
- Institute a program that assesses the competency of your staff
- Use this information to facilitate ongoing training in specific trouble areas
- Competency exams for many complex registration functions
This resource is a must have for
Patient Access managers
Revenue cycle directors
Human resources professionals
Compliance officers, CFOs and VPs of Finance may also be interested.
About the author
Michael S. Friedberg, FACHE, CHAM, is currently the Director of Patient Access Services at Armanti Financial Services, an Apollo Healthstreet Company. Prior to Armanti, Friedberg served as the Corporate Director of Patient Access at Liberty Healthcare System in Hudson County, NJ. He was responsible for the admissions, registration and financial counseling departments of this multi-hospital health system. After his departure from Liberty, Friederg spent several years as a consultant to providers on Patient Access-related issues at Besler Consulting in Princeton, NJ.Staff Competency in Patient Access is brought to you by the Patient Access Resource Center (PARC), a comprehensive online site that allows you to network with your peers; effectively train staff members in such areas as up-front collections and self-pay accounts; and increase communication within your department. Additionally, PARC members save 20% off valuable finance and patient access books, videos, audioconferences, and newsletters. Visit accessresourcecenter.com and learn how to become a PARC member to put this exciting online resource to work for your organization.
The HCPro Guarantee
Order risk-free for 30 days! If not satisfied, return the book and all charges will be canceled.
Product Types :