Stay Ready: Tools to maintain JCI accreditation, Global Edition
You’re JCI Accredited—Now what?
You know how challenging it was to earn your Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation— that’s why it’s equally important to work toward maintaining it. However, many hospitals around the world are discovering that re-accreditation takes much more than a few weeks or months of feverish activity to “ramp up” for JCI surveyors’ return. Don’t let this happen to your facility!
With so many issues competing for attention in any hospital, keeping everyone aware of JCI standards and International Patient Safety Goals is a challenge. This book is your guide to maintaining compliance, describing exactly what you need to do to stay accredited.
Packed with practical advice, customizable tools, and field-tested forms, this resource will help you and your staff keep JCI standards on everyone’s mind. Use this book to build better patient care into daily practices, and collect data to demonstrate better care and help assure re-accreditation when survey time comes.
Special features of this must-have book:
- Tips and information that everyone on your staff will understand
- Field-tested methods you can easily implement in your facility
- Downloadable forms you can customize to meet your hospital’s needs.
Table of contents at a glance:
- Chapter 1: First steps to the next survey
- Chapter 2: Planning, planning, planning— Phase I
- Chapter 3: Doing — Phase II
- Chapter 4: Additional standards— Phase II
- Chapter 5: Quality measurements— Phase II
- Chapter 6: Monitoring— Phase III
- Chapter 7: Mock surveys— Phase III
- Case Study: Apollo Health City — Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
- Appendix: Resources
Meet the author
Sharon Myers, RN, MSN/MSB, CPHQ, FAIHQ, CPHRM, is Director of Quality Management at King Abdulaziz Medical City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. She also serves as the consultant to the Central Board for Accreditation of Healthcare Institutions in Saudi Arabia and is an international speaker on quality concepts. Myers has more than 30 years of clinical, administrative, teaching, and consulting experience ranging from Intensive Care and Medical/Surgical areas to Nursing Administration and Hospitalwide Performance Improvement. For the last 10 years, she has held leadership roles in applying quality concepts and business strategies, primarily in the areas of accreditation, risk management, and patient safety.
Who will benefit from this resource:
- Quality Improvement/Performance Improvement directors and professionals
- Survey coordinators
- Risk managers
- Nurse managers
- Patient safety officers
- Physicians/Medical staff
Product Types :