Service Line Strategies Workshop: Oncology
Webcast on CD or Webcast On-demand
Sponsored by: HealthLeaders Magazine
presented on February 29, 2008
Build a strong Oncology department
Oncology services are in high-demand. There are more cancer patients and cancer survivors than ever. To stay on top of this increasing market, healthcare organizations must define its value proposition to develop a profitable oncology department.
Listen to HealthLeaders Media and expert panelists for this 90-minute Webcast. In our popular workshop format, this event offers strategies and advice on developing and defining your cancer program, understanding the national trends and how they impact your hospital. Learn the potential benefits of aligning yourself with physicians and hear advice on how to make your oncology services stand out in a thriving marketplace.
By the end of this program you and your colleagues will be able to:
- Understand national trends in oncology and how they impact your hospital
- Develop and define your cancer program based on both external market and internal capabilities and resources
- Differentiate yourself from the competition
- Understand the options for physician alignment and integration
- National Trends
- More cancer cases and more cancer survivors that require services
- More providers/outpatient alternatives
- Complex treatment
- Potential impact on reimbursement
- Metrics and transparency you must have in place
- Reimbursement is tied to quality
- How to develop your cancer program
- What type of program do you want to be?
- Types of services to offer
- Differentiate your program
- Physician Involvement and Alignment
- Define your value proposition
- Identify the benefits to physicians
- Maine Medical Network Case Study
- Monitoring and tracking outcomes
- Major Takeaways
Richard J. Gralla, M.D.— chief of hematology-oncology and vice president of cancer services at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY and LIJ Medical Center in New Hyde Park, NY.
Alexis Levy– Associate Director with Navigant Consulting’s healthcare team.
Melanie Feinberg– Director, Oncology Information Services
WHO SHOULD LISTEN
Service Line Directors, CEOs, CFOs, COO, CIOS, CMOs, CNOs, Business Development Administrators, Director of Marketing, Healthcare Consultants, Hospital Leaders
You will receive presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all of your peers at your location
Product Types :