Revenue Cycle Management Toolkit
A Comprehensive Guide to Managing Cash Flow
- Retail: $149.00
- Your Price: $89.40
- Add to Cart
Maintain a complete, thorough revenue cycle process
The scope of a healthcare organization’s revenue cycle is broad, encompassing issues on the front end of operations, in the coding and chargemaster departments, and in back-end/ reimbursement duties. New elements are constantly being introduced, with concepts such as MS-DRGs, Recovery Audit Contractors, and the Present on Admission Indicator, which all require operational changes.
Revenue Cycle Management Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Managing Cash Flow caters to the complexities and demands that come with managing every facet of your organization’s revenue cycle, from the moment a patient walks through the door to reconciling payment for services rendered.
A follow-up to HCPro's successful 2006 edition, Revenue Cycle Management Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Managing Cash Flow features forms, checklists, tips, and advice for all aspects of the revenue cycle including:
- Registration and scheduling
- Upfront collections
- Chargemaster maintenance
- Outpatient coding, including major OPPS changes, drug administration and incident-to
- Inpatient coding, including RACs
- Billing and collections
- Emergency department
Taken from the pages of HCPro’s popular newsletters Patient Access Advisor, Briefings on Coding Compliance Strategies, Briefings on APCs, and Managed Care Contracting and Reimbursement Advisor, Revenue Cycle Management Toolkit offers value-added management and training tools such as quizzes to reinforce learning and assess competency, and sample case studies to illustrate practical demonstrations of the material provided in the book.
With a foreword written by William Malm, ND, RN, director of HCPro’s Revenue Cycle Institute, Revenue Cycle Management Toolkit provides sensible guidance and tools you can use immediately to start strengthening all of the functions in your revenue cycle, from patient access, all the way through to managed care contracting.
This book will help you:
- Reference specific details relevant to each step in the cycle with easy-to-navigate tabs and chapters
- Identify specific successful methods used by your peers, that you can implement in your own organization, including detailed case studies and applicable tools
- Customize important documents such as audit plans and model letters, with templates provided on the accompanying CD-ROM
- Discover time-sensitive analysis of important changes and programs in 2008, including MSDRGs, Recovery Audit Contractors, and the Present on Admission Indicator
Take a look at the table of contents, which are chock full of ways to upgrade your revenue cycle process:
Chapter 1: UNCHS Case Studies
Chapter 2: Patient Access
Chapter 3: Chargemaster and Outpatient Coding
Chapter 4: Inpatient Coding
Chapter 5: Patient Financial Services
Chapter 6: Spotlight on the Emergency Department
Product Types :