Emergency Management Coordinator's Handbook for Hospitals
- Your Price: $129.00
- Add to Cart
Change is one thing you can count on in the ever-changing role of the emergency management coordinator.
Whether you are a safety officer or an emergency management coordinator, you undoubtedly feel the pressure from The Joint Commission’s revamped emergency management standards and the creation of the new “EM” chapter in 2009.
Evolving hospital roles and updated Joint Commission standards mean only one thing, the role of emergency management if more important than ever. You must maintain patient and staff safety, protect your facility, and meet accreditation requirements.
The Emergency Management Coordinator’s Handbook for Hospitals is an affordable, easy-to-read reference that outlines the fundamental processes of emergency management and offers strategies on how to meet the latest standards and regulations.
It will help you:
- Build your emergency management program with a step-by-step fundamental guide
- Meet federal regulations and address The Joint Commission’s emphasis on emergency management standards, including the six critical areas
- Train and communicate with staff
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate drills
- Create guidelines for keeping patients, staff, and the public safe during an emergency
- Achieve administrative buy-in for your emergency management program
Emergency managers know that you can’t predict the future, but you can be prepared with strategies from the field and practical tips from expert authors Mary Russell, EdD, MSN, and Earl R. Williams, HSP.
The following are just a few of the tools you’ll be able to use to bolster your emergency management program:
- Sample Job Interview Form
- HICS Organizational Chart
- Sample Community Profile Template
- Hazard Vulnerability Analysis Matrix
- Sample Mutual Aid Policy and Procedure
- Sample Hospital Resource Inventory
- Hospital Disaster Security Assessment Tool
- And many more!
The Emergency Management Coordinator's Handbook for Hospitals delivers the topics that are relevant to your needs as a safety professional. This book and CD-ROM set examines the growing role of the emergency management coordinator and gives you:
- Practical tips in an easy-to-use format
- Expert advice to help you achieve regulatory compliance
- The tools to help you build or reinforce your program
- Staff training strategies
- Tips to manage critical processes during an emergency
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Emergency Management: Guiding Authorities
- Chapter 2: Roles and Responsibilities of a Hospital Emergency Management Coordinator
- Chapter 3: The Core of Emergency Management Planning
- Chapter 4: Communications
- Chapter 5: Resources and Assets
- Chapter 6: Safety and Security
- Chapter 7: Staff Roles and Responsibilities
- Chapter 8: Utilities Management
- Chapter 9: Patient Clinical and Support Activities
- Chapter 10: Performance Improvement Opportunities
Who should buy?
- Safety officers
- Facilities directors
- Emergency management
- Directors of the ED
- Directors of nursing
- Vice president of operations
- Security directors
- Survey coordinators
- Infection control professionals
- Nurse managers
Product Types :