Marketing to Physicians: Increase Referrals and Grow Market Share
Webcast on CD or Webcast On-demand
Sponsored by: HealthLeaders Media Marketing Awards
Presented on August 28, 2008
Learn how to grow market share from two hospitals that did it rightHow do you get the attention of busy doctors and move from simply maintaining a “same old” physician relations program to creating a dynamic growth program? Experts from a community health system and a large academic hospital share how they each created a focused business strategy that includes:
- methods of competing for physicians’ time and attention
- ways to distinguish your facility by addressing physician needs and educating them about what your facility has to offer
- planning tools for internal integration and accountability
- sales efforts that improve communication with physicians and allow you to “close the deal.”
Create a program or bring yours to the next level
Whether your program is in its infancy or needs a boost, this 90-minute HealthLeaders Media Webcast helps you focus your physician sales strategy, increase referrals, get internal buy-in, and measure ROI.
Purchase this informative Webcast and learn how to:
- Describe the crucial successful building blocks and infrastructure of a physician relations/sales efforts
- Tailor a physician sales program or revamp an existing one to meet the unique needs of your organization and your staff model
- Measure the effectiveness of your program and prove its value to the organization
- Build market share with your physician relations/sales program
- Crucial elements of marketing to physicians
- Compete for physicians’ limited time and stand out from other organizations
- Case study: Centegra Health System
- Multi-integrated marketing communication tools
- Sales efforts that improve communication with physicians
- Case study: Emory Healthcare
- Shifting focus from a liaison program to one oriented to growth
- Building relationships between liaison and physicians
- How to close the sale
- Measuring the results of your program
Kriss Barlow RN, MBA, Principal, Barlow/McCarthy, a consulting group focused on hospital-physician solutions. Barlow’s entire professional career has been in healthcare, with the last 11 years spent supporting clients in physician relations, retention and sales, physician recruitment, and medical staff development. Her passion is growth strategy and working with teams to enhance medical staff relationships and referrals. She is a nationally recognized healthcare speaker and author of the HealthLeaders Media book, A Marketer’s Guide to Physician Relations.
Lori McLelland, MSN RN, Executive Director of Marketing & HealthConnection, Emory Healthcare, Atlanta, GA. With over $1.5 billion in revenue through four hospitals and a multi-specialty physician practice group, Emory has traditionally ranked in the top 20 academic centers with U.S. News & World Report for neurosciences, ophthalmology, cardiology, urology, psychiatry, and geriatric services. With more than 25 years experience in complex healthcare environments, McLelland’s roles prior to Emory have included Director of Critical Care Nursing and Nurse Educator at other academic and private institutions.
Susan Milford, Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Planning for Centegra Health System, McHenry County, IL. Milford has more than 20 years’ experience in healthcare marketing, sales, planning, and public relations in both community health systems and academic medical centers. Centegra Health System is the market leader in McHenry County, operating three hospitals and thirty additional health care sites. Centegra has won numerous awards including AARP, Lincoln Silver Award for Progress Excellence, Press Ganey Success Story, HealthGrades Quality Awards, Solucient Top 100 Hospitals, and the Studer Firestarter Award. Prior to Centegra Health System, Susan was the director of marketing at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO for nine years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who plans and executes marketing campaigns in hospitals and health systems will benefit from this program. This includes leaders and professionals in these roles:
Chief marketing officer
Director of marketing
Physician relations director
Physician relations manager
Physician sales manager
Physician sales director
INCLUDED IN YOUR MATERIALS PACKET
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this Webcast, you'll also receive a slide presentation of the program materials. These materials are provided with PDF links.
New Purchase Option-- WEBCAST ON-DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on-demand. When you purchase a Webcast on-demand, you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :