Centralized Registration Call Centers
AUDIO CONFERENCE ON CD OR AUDIO ON-DEMANDSponsored by Patient Access Resource Center
presented on September 25, 2008
Many patient access departments have made the move to centralized registration, and success is inherent upon an effective centralized call center. Learn from experienced professionals how you can adopt strategies to develop a comprehensive training and auditing program, improve productivity and accuracy with registration staff members, and realize financial benefits.
Listen to HCPro's 90-minute audio conference, Centralized Registration Call Centers: Set Standards for Call Times, Productivity, and Accuracy. Patient access manager Debra Keller (Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital) and healthcare consultant Irene Vergules (Softech Consulting) reveal the return on investment of a centralized call center. They will help your patient access department:
- Make efficient, shorter calls
- Record thorough information from each call
- Establish a better knowledge of staffing resources
- Track calls to measure success
You'll also learn what steps Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital took to get management buy-in to the concept, how its training process worked, how your current equipment can be used to make the transition, and what additional technologies you will require.
AT THE END OF THIS AUDIO CONFERENCE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the benefits of a centralized call center
- Convince staff and management of the merits of a centralized registration call center
- Define the technological requirements of instituting a call center
- Understand the training requirements for your staff
- Produce reports to measure the efficiency of your calls and establish benchmarks
- Organizational buy-in
- Leadership buy-in
- Staff buy-in
- Determine who makes the pitch
- Determine the financial benefits
- The starting point
- Track the volume of calls
- Analyze your staff and inventory equipment
- Assess current technology available vs. tools required
- Produce report on costs involved
- Develop a timeline and workplan to help you from getting from point A to point B
- Software/technology requirements
- Make sure you know the current technology
- Voice recording
- Screen capturing
- Set up training if necessary with vendor or IS/Telecom
- Setting your standards
- Find the average time for different types of calls
- Analyze what kind of information is registered, what tools are available online
- Set basic standards and staff requirements
- Identify group goals on answer times, abandoned calls, and service levels
- Identify staff productivity goals on call volume, not ready time, and talk time
- Track the denial rate
- Record how many pre-registrations are achieved
- Staff quality metrics; group quality metrics
- Sharing constructive criticism with staff
- Question and answer session
BONUS MATERIALSIn addition to the expertise and advice presented during this audio conference, you'll also receive a slide presentation of the program materials and:
- Productivity reports
- Agent dashboards
- Monitoring forms
These materials are provided with PDF links.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Irene Vergules (Softech Consulting). Vergules has worked with numerous clients such as large health systems, hospital and other health care environments to implement state of the art contact centers. She has spent the last eight years dedicated to patient access redesign initiatives, including implementation of scheduling/pre-registration contact center solutions, and implementation of CQM, a product to optimize patient flow in the outpatient areas.
Debra Keller, Admissions/Registration Director, Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital (Grand Rapids, MN). Keller manages 35 employees in the call center, front registration and admissions at Grand Itasca, an integrated clinic and hospital. She possesses more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry and is CHAA certified and an active member of NAHAM. Keller is also the President of the Minnesota Health Access Management Association.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Professionals based in hospitals, clinics, or multi-specialty facilities, with the following position titles:
- Patient financial service director
- Revenue cycle manager
- Patient access manager
- Front access manager
- Registration staff
- Case management
Program materials are provided with PDF links.
In addition to the regular purchase options for HCPro audio conferences, we are pleased to offer another option, an audio on-demand. Audio on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player. Purchase a CD or audio on-demand of the program and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :