Physician Compensation Planning
Audio Conference on CD or Audio On-Demand
Sponsored by Physician Compensation & Recruitment
presented on October 7, 2008
Make sure your physician compensation plan is working for you
A misaligned physician compensation plan can cause a lot of problems for your practice—low productivity, physician discontent, or difficulty recruiting new doctors. If you’re not performing an annual assessment of your income distribution formula, you may miss the early warning signs of trouble.
But with a variety of national and local benchmarking sources to choose from, how do you take this one-size-fits-all data and build a compensation model that works for your unique practice?
Listen to HealthLeaders Media and two physician compensation experts for this 60-minute audio conference as we explore the evaluation process. Our discussion focuses on:
- Ways to boost performance by adjusting compensation formulas
- Recognizing red flags for high/low compensation levels
- Elements of both external measurements and internal reports
- Incorporating local, national, and regional data into your review process
Learn what you can do now to make sure your compensation plan is working effectively for your practice. Don’t wait until next year to evaluate your income distribution formula.
By the end of this audio conference, participants will be able to:
- Find external compensation data for benchmarking
- Discover internal indicators to benchmark compensation plan performance
- Interpret the results of a compensation plan assessment
- Decide whether a compensation plan needs to be changed or adjusted, and how to do it
- Physician compensation—assessing the assessment
- External benchmarking
- Mixing local, national, and regional data
- Red flags for high/low compensation levels
- Six major compensation surveys
- Internal Benchmarking
- Red flags for low productivity
- Readjusting compensation formulas to boost performance
- Incorporating ancillary revenue
- Surveying physician satisfaction
- Compensation decision-making
- Interpreting the results
- Deciding when to wait, tweak, or revamp the compensation formula
- Key players to involve
- Question and answer session
Max Reiboldt, CPA, Managing Partner and CEO, The Coker Group, oversees a team of consultants in consulting projects with physicians and health systems nationwide, with particular focus on strategic issues, financial management and physician compensation. He is a seasoned speaker at practice management and hospital seminars and workshops where physician leaders and health system administrators gather to learn how to cope in the rapidly changing healthcare market. His expertise enables him to address day-to-day impact on the medical practice and the hospital and to deliver practical solutions to meet operational challenges and fiscal realities of market demands.
Robert Glazer, MPA, Chief Executive Officer, ENT and Allergy Associates (ENTA), an 86-physician group with 28 locations in New York and New Jersey. He is responsible for the day to day operations and focuses his attention on physician recruitment, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic planning. Mr. Glazer is an ad-hoc member of all Board Committees and reports directly to the President of the group. Mr. Glazer joined ENTA in December 1997 and has over 30 years of healthcare administrative experience in financial operations, managed care contracting, physician recruitment, and healthcare marketing. He has served on the Leadership Council as President for the Association of Otolaryngology Administrators (AOA) and has served on ad-hoc committees of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS).
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
CEOs, CFOs, Physician leaders, Physicians, Practice administrators, Practice managers, Office managers, Human resource personnel
AUDIO ON-DEMAND PURCHASE OPTION
In addition to the regular purchase option for HealthLeaders Media audio conferences, we are pleased to offer another option, an audio on-demand. Audio on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player. Purchase a CD or audio on-demand of the program and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :