The Compliance Officer's Handbook, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $149.00
- Add to Cart
A comprehensive toolkit for compliance officersThe Compliance Officer’s Handbook, Second Edition, gives compliance officers everything they need to take charge of a healthcare compliance program. Whether you are new to the field or seasoned compliance professional who want to incorporate the latest strategies, this resource will help you:
- Save time with sample policies and procedures
- Improve auditing and monitoring with field-tested tools
- Perform more thorough internal investigations with step-by-step processes
- Implement the latest best practices for compliance programs
- Stay up to date on regulations affecting compliance
- Keep informed with details on new government and industry guidance
- Meet new regulatory and industry challenges
- Transform theory into practice with case studies offering real world applications
- Answer frequently asked questions from the field
- Locate additional compliance resources
- Come up to speed on compliance terminology
The tools and information you need to lead a comprehensive compliance program
This revised edition is packed with even more practical tools, case studies, tips and tools, sample audits, and sample policies and procedures to help you construct a comprehensive program and meet new regulatory and industry requirements. All of these tools and strategies have been created, tested, and proven by professionals in the field.
Your copy includes:
- Revisions to the Stark Law included in Phase III
- Various payment schedule changes from 2007 to 2009
- Increased importance of Medicaid compliance as states step up their Medicaid fraud enforcement
- Increased focus on quality of care from CMS, HCCA, OIG, and AHLA
- Attention to Medicare/Medicaid solvency
Check out the table of contents:Chapter 1: History and Evolution of Compliance
Chapter 2: OIG Guidance for Compliance Programs
Chapter 3: The Regulatory Environment
Chapter 4: Internal Strategies for Best Practices
Chapter 5: The Risk Assessment
Chapter 6: Training Strategies
Chapter 7: Auditing and Monitoring
Chapter 8: Effective Internal Investigations
If you are . . .• Compliance Officer
• CEO and COO of hospitals
• Internal auditor
…you’ll find the advice and strategies for compliance success in The Compliance Officer’s Handbook, Second Edition.
Meet the Authors
Robert Wade Esq., of Baker & Daniels in South Bend, IN, concentrates his practice in representing health care clients, including large health systems, hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, physician groups, physicians and other medical providers.
Christine Bachrach, CHC-F, is the chief compliance officer and senior vice president for HealthSouth in the Alabama office. She is responsible for oversight of compliance, compliance audit, and development and implementation of new compliance-related programs.
Bret Bissey, MBA, FACHE, is the author of the previous edition of The Compliance Officer’s Handbook. He is a nationally recognized expert in healthcare compliance, and has more than 25 years of diversified health care management, operations and compliance experience.
Product Types :