Information Management and Record of Care, Treatment, and Services
The Compliance Guide to The Joint Commission's Standards, 7th Edition
Jean S. Clark, RHIA, CSHA
- Your Price: $149.00
- Add to Cart
The harder you work to stay ahead of The Joint Commission's IM standards, the more they seem to change.
It's no secret. The Joint Commission's Information Management (IM) standards have always posed a significant challenge for hospitals. And in its effort to exact excellence, The Joint Commission continues to tinker with standards and elements of performance.
Now, a new chapter has been added—Record of Care, Treatment, and Services (RC). Along with renumbered standards and consolidation of others, there is even more you need to do now to meet The Joint Commission's requirements. Here is the help you need.
The seventh edition of a best-selling resource is here
The new, fully updated Information Management and Record of Care, Seventh Edition, is a comprehensive guide to the most current Joint Commission standards, elements of performance for information management and record of care, and the survey process.
It's loaded with expert advice from a source you can trust
Information management specialist Jean S. Clark, RHIA, once again delivers compliance advice in an accessible, easy-to-use format. This book and CD-ROM package:
- Explains and interprets The Joint Commission's standards in the information management and new record of care chapters
- Provides strategies for compliance with the Joint Commission standards
- Offers case studies to help staff members understand and prepare for The Joint Commission's tracer methodology
- Helps you learn how to continually prepare for a Joint Commission survey and periodic performance review
- Includes a new patient tracer tool for documentation, as well as tools and charts to help you comply with the standards
CD-ROM includes all forms and tools
Your copy of Information Management and Record of Care, Seventh Edition, comes with a companion CD-ROM loaded with all the tools and forms included in the book. You'll be able to easily modify and print out any of these compliance tools to put to use immediately and customize to fit the unique needs of your facility.
Staying ahead of the standards demands a serious commitment. Information Management and Record of Care, Seventh Edition, provides best practices and tools for compliance with every aspect of The Joint Commission's standards.
Who should read Information Management and Record of Care, Seventh Edition?
- HIM directors
- Medical directors
- Performance improvement directors
- Ongoing record review committee members
- Survey coordinators
What makes the Seventh Edition a must-have?
- Comprehensive analysis of the 2009 standards and survey process
- Easy-to-understand interpretations of Joint Commission IM standards and Record of Care, and Elements of Performance
- Hands-on strategies and compliance solutions to avoid Requirements for Improvement during a Joint Commission survey
- New information on the IM changes and the new Record of Care, Treatment, and Services chapter
- New case studies and a new patient tracer tool for documentation and the National Patient Safety Goals
Meet Jean S. Clark
Jean S. Clark, RHIA, is the director of health information services at Roper St. Francis Health Services in Charleston, SC. She is a past president of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), was AHIMA's 2000 Distinguished Member, and is the current vice president of the International Federation of Health Records Organizations (IFHRO). She is the author of six previous editions of Information Management, five editions of Ongoing Records Review, the HIM Director's Guide to Recovery Audit Contractors, and contributing editor to Medical Records Briefing, all from HCPro, Inc.
Product Types :