Flexible Medical Staff Models of the Future
Webcast on CD or Audio On-Demand
presented on October 29, 2009
Strategic planning for the complexity of physician alignment
Your medical staff has become increasingly complex to build and to manage. It may seem with so many types of relationships that crafting an overall framework is next to impossible. With some tools to analyze the current staff and culture, and to map out future needs, your organization can take the steps to building a flexible, efficient medical staff model that allows hospitals and their physicians to work toward common goals.
Learn from HealthLeaders Media and William K. Cors and Steven Lewis the strategies that will help you understand your current medical staff structure and take steps necessary to create a framework that adapts. Our speakers show you how to:
- Discover flexible models that will grow into the future
- Share tools to assess your medical staff culture
- Understand what your community really needs from your physicians
- Anticipate challenges
- Get board-level involvement
Pressures are coming from physicians, from payers but most of all from the physicians themselves to craft a flexible medical staff model that works in the modern healthcare economy. Our physician experts walk through the first steps in the journey.
- Alignment strategies and assessment
- Understand and shape your Medical Staff culture
- Assessment tools
- Independent organizational “scan”
- Create a map for alignment
- Perceived needs
- Recruitment realities
- “Menu” of options (Physician recruitment to income guarantees)
- Case study: Northern Arizona Healthcare
- Incorporation and assessment of its medical staff culture into its strategic development plan
- Development of a Board driven process to assess which medical staff model to implement
- Creation of a "menu" of options to employ in physician recruitment, retention and development
- Benefits of strategic planning
- Re-aligning strategic direction for reform
- Future flexibility
William K. Cors, MD, MMM, FACPE, CMSL, is an experienced physician executive with a background that includes fifteen years of clinical practice and over twelve years of executive hospital/health system management experience and experience as a healthcare consultant. He currently serves as the vice president for The Greeley Company, a division of HCPro, Inc. in Marblehead, Massachusetts. Dr. Cors has authored and co-authored numerous publications.
Steven Lewis, MD, FMC COO/CMO, Flagstaff Medical Center (FMC), Flagstaff, Arizona Dr. Lewis provides physician leadership and monitors the quality of care patients receive at FMC. Additionally, Dr. Lewis serves as a liaison between medical staff, nursing staff and administration providing a continuous focus on quality patient care initiatives Dr. Lewis is a board-certified pulmonologist and intensivist.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CEOs, medical directors, department leaders, COOs, CFOs, physicians, administrators, and healthcare executives in marketing, planning, and business development
New Purchase Option–– WEBCAST ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: webcast on–demand. When you purchase a webcast on–demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :