Marketing to Physicians: Build Relationships to Increase Referrals
A physician sales visit isn't a social call. It's business.
We'll show you how measures such as blitz marketing, roadshows and reverse roadshows can maximize efficiency, get quality face time with physicians, and report measurable results.
Through examples and case studies, including how Emory increased referrals 10% from the physicians they targeted, physician sales expert Kriss Barlow and two top professionals from the field will tell you how to:
- Engage physicians, understand their business challenges, and align your message and your organization's services to meet them
- Schedule face-to-face visits between referring physicians, department heads, specialists, and other internal staff to build relationships
- Use market data to strategically target practices
- Understand and demonstrate the referral impact your initiatives have on your system
- Get buy-in from department leaders and create relationships between marketing and internal teams throughout your organization
- Physician relations and sales efforts
- Define your goals and objectives
- Offer value to physicians
- Do more with limited dollars
- Demonstrate the value of physician relationships
- Measurement and accountability
- Use in-depth data, such as the referral sources and cross-referenced service line lists, to increase volumes
- Prioritize your target list
- Collaborate with diverse internal teams, including operations
- In-the-field tactics to increase referrals
- Get past gatekeepers
- Use field tactics that work
- Push salespeople to the next level
- Maintain your program’s momentum
Kriss Barlow, Principal, Barlow/McCarthy, a consulting group focused on hospital-physician solutions. Barlow's entire professional career has been in healthcare, with the last 13 years spent supporting clients in physician relations, retention and sales, physician recruitment, and medical staff development. Her passion is growth strategy and working with teams to enhance medical staff relationships and referrals. She is a nationally recognized healthcare speaker and author of the HealthLeaders Media book, A Marketer's Guide to Physician Relations.
Lori McLelland, MSN, RN, Executive Director of Marketing & HealthConnection, Emory Healthcare, Atlanta, GA. McLelland is responsible for organization-wide mystery shopping, the physician liaison program, and the health care contact center. Emory Healthcare has traditionally ranked in the top 20 academic centers with U.S. News & World Report for neurosciences, ophthalmology, cardiology, urology, psychiatry, and geriatric services.
Carrie C. Bennett, FACHE, Director of Growth and Physician Services, LifePoint Hospitals, Inc., Brentwood, TN. Bennett is responsible for spearheading the development and implementation of LifePoint’s innovative Physician Resource Initiative, a comprehensive physician engagement program designed to improve physician and patient satisfaction, increase physician loyalty and retention, and grow volume for key services lines through direct-to-physician marketing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who is responsible for increasing or maintaining physician referrals, including chief marketing officers, marketing directors, VPs, and professionals, sales directors, physician relations directors, COOs and CEOs.
New Purchase Option–– WEBCAST ON–DEMANDIn addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: webcast on–demand. When you purchase a webcast on–demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :