Nurse Accountability: Six Steps to Create a Culture of Commitment
WEBCAST ON CD OR WEBCAST ON-DEMAND
presesnted on November 17, 2009
Learn how to hold staff accountable by using 6 easy-to-understand steps
Create a culture of accountability that positively influences others' behavior.This 90-minute webcast introduces six cutting-edge concepts to help you get people to make and keep commitments. Speaker Eileen L. Dohman, RN, BSN, MBA, is ready to walk you through real-life scenarios where you can apply her ready-made tools to get the results you need. You'll walk away armed and ready to try something new!
- Discuss the benefits of setting expectations for staff members
- Explain the six steps in the accountability process
- Describe how to apply accountability language to real-life situations
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR AGENDA
- Building an accountability culture
- Introducing the principles of accountability at your organization
- Accountability imperatives: Setting expectations
- Six steps for holding others accountable
- Using the right language
- Set the scene for the behavior you want
- Call for the results you want
- Results must be measurable, timeline-focused, and quantifiable
- Hear the "Yes" or the "No"
- Recognizing when someone has not made a commitment
- Stop, reset
- What to do to get the response you want
- Net forward energy
- Focus on what can be done, not what can't be done
- Flip negative energy
- Reacting to negative energy
- Active listening
- Assertive speaking
- Using the right language
- Using the accountability tools
- How to apply the tools to your everyday experiences
- Real-life situations and how to use the tools
- Q & A
BONUS TOOLS INCLUDED IN YOUR MATERIALS PACKET!
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webcast, you'll also receive helpful "take-aways" provided within your materials packet.
- Accountability pocket card
- Accountability in action
These materials are provided with PDF links.
MEET THE SPEAKER
Eileen Lavin Dohman, RN, BSN, MBA
As vice president nursing at Mary Washington Hospital in Fredricksburg, VA, Dohmann is responsible for nursing care and services as well as operational oversight for MW Home Health and Hospice and The Cancer Center of Virginia. Her passion is enhancing patient care and service through accountability, focused management, and leadership development.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Nurse managers, directors of nursing, chief nursing officers, VPs of nursing, staff education specialists, directors of staff education, quality improvement coordinators, administrators, patient care directors/VPs.
We are pleased to offer a new option: webcast on-demand. When you purchase a webcast on-demand, you will be able to view the program anywhere and any time by logging into your account. It's a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :