e-Learning: Introduction to Credentialing
This online learning course provides and introduction to the basics of practitioner credentialing.
Created by Kathy Matzka, CPMSM, CPCS, a speaker, consultant, and writer with over 20 years of medical staff experience, the Introduction to Credentialing e-learning course offers a hands-on, easy-to-use training method for those tasked with credentialing responsibilities. Appropriate for both new and veteran MSPs, this learning opportunity provides a solid, practical overview of the basics of credentialing that can be used as an introduction or a refresher course.
At the end of this course, students will be able to do the following:
- Define credentialing and privileging
- List the credentialing responsibilities of the applicant, medical staff professional, credentials committee, and governing body
- Cite examples of "red flags" on a credentialing application
- Define primary source verification
- Identify when a practitioner’s credential must be verified by the medical staff
- Give examples of accrediting agencies
- Explain the role of a credentialing verification organization (CVO)
- Tell when an application for medical staff appointment and privileges is complete
You can also order the 3-course primer!
You can purchase individual courses for $69 each, or order a three-course primer for just $149. That’s more than $50 in savings! Click here for more information on the 3-course primer package.
Earn NAMSS continuing education credits!
This program has been approved by the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) for up to two continuing education units. Accreditation of this educational program in no way implies endorsement or sponsorship by NAMSS.
- Credentialing coordinators
- Directors of credentialing
- Medical staff professionals
- Medical staff coordinators
- Risk managers
- Medical staff leaders
Benefits of HCPro e-learning courses include:
- Answers to tough questions about credentialing and privileging
- Case studies
- Steps for solving credentialing challenges
- Interactive test-your-knowledge practice questions throughout the course
- Rationale for answers provided for all practice and final exam questions
- Final exam and instant test score
- Option to repeat exam until learner gains mastery of the course
- Certificate of completion, student course history, and documentation of training
- Bookmark options
For information about computer requirements for this course, click here.
HCPro will e-mail you a user name and password within one to three business days after we receive payment (credit card purchasers can gain access quickly—after we verify the credit card number). If you have questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877/727-1728.
Training more than 5 people?
If you have 5 or more staff members to train, you are eligible for discounts and FREE trial access to any course. E-mail our sales team at email@example.com or call toll-free at 877/233-8828 to learn more. Be sure to let our sales representative know your name, organization, address, and phone number (optional). Ask him or her about our multi-year or multi-library discount plans!
Product Types :