Outpatient Wound Care Coding: Solve the Toughest Challenges
AUDIO CONFERENCE ON CD OR AUDIO ON-DEMAND
presented on November 30, 2009
Excise Wound Care Coding Problems
This intermediate level program addresses tough documentation and coding challenges in outpatient wound care. Our experts explain how to work with clinicians to get the information you need to code for appropriate reimbursement.
At the conclusion of this audio conference, you will be able to:
- Explain requirements for physician supervision for effective wound care
- Identify the differences in coding for patients from SNFs v. non-SNFs
- Describe surgical debridement documentation requirements
- Distinguish between selective and non-selective wound care codes
- Select appropriate wound care modifiers
- Identify skin substitutes and know how to code them
- Physician supervision
- OPPS interpretation of direct supervision
- Expectations of physicians in wound clinic
- Skilled v. non-skilled SNF units
- Financial ramifications
- Contracting with SNFs
- Surgical debridement
- Excisional v. elective
- Documentation requirements
- Selective v. non-selective codes
- Decision tree
- Financial ramifications (97602)
- Which are appropriate and when to use them
- Modifiers -25 and -59
- Skin substitutes
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
HIM managers; coding managers; outpatient coders; wound care clinic coders and managers; chargemaster professionals; compliance, finance and revenue cycle professionals.
MEET THE SPEAKER
Gloria Miller is vice president of reimbursement services for Comprehensive Healthcare Solutions, Inc., in Cherry Hill, NJ and assists hospitals with documentation, coding and billing for wound care and hyperbaric services. She has 22 years experience in healthcare reimbursement with expertise in outpatient wound care billing and coding.
Program materials are provided with PDF links. You will also receive:
- Dictation template for excisional debridement
- Link to state LCDs
In addition to the regular purchase options for HCPro audio conferences, we are pleased to offer another option, audio on-demand. Audio on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player. Purchase a CD or audio on-demand of the program and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :