CANCELLED Succession Planning
LIVE AUDIO WEBCAST
Sponsored by StrategiesForNurseManagers.com
Friday, December 18, 2009
1:00-2:30 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00-1:30 p.m. (Central)
11:00-12:30 p.m. (Mountain)
10:00-11:30 a.m. (Pacific)
Give your organization a financial edge with succession planning
Patient safety, your bottom line, and the overall success of your organization depend on consistent leadership from key positions in your hospital. This 90-minute Webcast explains the financial imperative of succession planning and provides organizations with practical strategies for implementing each step of the process.
- Recognize exactly what succession planning is
- Identify the strategic and competitive advantages of investing in succession planning
- List the key processes in each step of succession planning
- Implement proven actionable steps for building and evaluating future talent
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR AGENDA
- What is succession planning?
- Healthcare organization’s succession plan for key positions
- Career path for individual nurses
- Mutual plan for the development of talent to sustain the organization and satisfy career aspirations
- Why smart organizations invest in succession planning for its strategic and competitive advantages
- Patient satisfaction
- Quality patient outcomes
- Employee satisfaction
- Organization sustainability
- Best practice link to the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®* and Baldrige National Quality Program
- What are key processes in each step of succession planning?
- Identify talent needs for key positions
- Assess talent in individual nurses
- Create a succession plan and career path
- Develop talent to achieve the plan
- Learning from experience—actionable take aways
- Advice from the front lines of one hospital’s succession planning process
- Top down support for the process
- Projections of future talent needs
- Commitment to employee development and a learning organization—resources in time and education that cost money
- Structured activities and documents that standardize the processes
- Live Q&A
YOUR MATERIALS PACKET
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this Webcast, you'll also receive helpful “take-aways” provided within your materials packet. These materials will be provided prior to the program date via e-mail with PDF links. Please download the PDF files before the day of the program.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Rebecca A. D. Zechman, MSN, RN, is an administrative director of clinical practice and development with the Toledo Hospital, the tertiary care hospital within the ProMedica Health System located in Ohio. Her focus on quality care and professional development has been refined as a professor—teaching nursing leadership and nursing research—at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Faculty Disclosure Statement: HCPro Inc. has confirmed that none of the faculty/presenters or contributors have any relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of this educational activity.
EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Nursing Contact Hours (ANCC)
HCPro, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for 1.5 nursing contact hours is provided by HCPro, Inc.
Valid for Live Event Only.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Nurse managers, directors of nursing, chief nursing officers, VPs of nursing, staff education specialists, directors of staff education, quality improvement coordinators, administrators, clinical services, executive assistants, patient care directors/VPs.
Can't attend the live program? No problem. We are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on-demand. When you purchase a Webcast on-demand, you will be able to view the program anywhere and any time by logging into your account. It's a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
WEBCAST SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND PROGRAM MATERIALS
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with sound card, an Internet connection, speakers, Macromedia Flash player Version 7.0 or higher, a recommended screen resolution of 1024 x 768, and an Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). The use of AOL is not recommended.
Four days prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
Participation in the Webcast is just $259 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet. Live orders are assessed a $5 processing fee.
Product Types :