Nursing Peer Review
WEBCAST ON CD OR WEBCAST ON-DEMAND
presented on January 11, 2010
Implement peer review techniques and improve nurse professionalism at your facility
During this 90-minute webcast, four speakers—from various nursing perspectives— discuss the major forms of nursing peer review and provide practical strategies for implementing them at any organization.
You will also learn how one facility created a more productive work environment through peer involvement in the hiring process.
Purchase today to receive behavioral-based interview question guidelines for no additional cost!
- List the various topics frequently classified under the term “nursing peer review”
- Identify the expectations of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program ® regarding peer review
- Explain the benefits and rationale of formal, incident-based peer review
- Discuss ways to use peer review for the professional growth of all nurses
- Describe how St. Elizabeth Healthcare used the peer interviewing process to create a more positive work environment
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR AGENDA
- Understanding the many areas that fall under the umbrella term “peer review”
- Definitions of terms
- Expectations of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®
- Formal, incident-based peer review
- Benefits and rationale for formal nursing peer review
- Five step process for conducting nursing peer review
- Using peer review for the professional growth of nurses at all levels in the organization
- New hire orientation
- Peer review of competency
- Performance appraisals
- Clinical ladders
- Peer review in the hiring process
- Case study from St. Elizabeth Healthcare in Edgewood, KY
- Behavioral-based interview questions
BONUS MATERIALS INCLUDED IN YOUR MATERIALS PACKET!
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webcast, you'll also receive helpful “take-aways” provided within your materials packet.
- Nursing peer review flowchart
- Preceptee evaluation of preceptor
- Rapid response team evaluation tool
- Performance review excerpt
- Competency tool
- Peer review summary tool
- Clinical ladder peer review tool excerpt
- QA peer review tool
- Interviewing questions for team leaders
- Interviewing questions for assistant nurse managers
These materials are provided with PDF links.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Laura Cook Harrington, RN, MHA, CPHQ, CHCQM, FAIHQ, is a senior nurse consultant in the consulting division and the director of credentialing and privileging at The Greeley Company, a division of HCPro, Inc., in Marblehead, MA. She is an experienced healthcare manager with extensive experience in the areas of performance improvement, risk, case management, and credentialing.
Meryl Montgomery, RN, MSN, ANCC Magnet Recognition Program® director for Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon has 35 years experience in acute-care nursing. In her leadership roles she has had extensive experience in developing and monitoring regulatory compliance, shared governance, competency, and peer review systems.
Stephanie Alford, RN, BSN, CEN, FNE, SANE, has been a staff nurse in the emergency department for eight years at St. Elizabeth Healthcare in Northern Kentucky. Alford developed the peer hiring process for her ED and is chair of the hiring committee.
Terri Vietor, RN, MSN, CEN, has practiced nursing in the emergency department at St. Elizabeth Healthcare in Northern Kentucky for 23 years and has been ED nurse manager for the last 9 years. She worked with Stephanie Alford to develop the peer hiring process.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Chief nursing officers, directors of nursing, VPs of nursing, VPs of patient care services, directors of education, staff development specialists, ANCC Magnet Recognition Program® coordinators/directors, clinical nurse specialists, nurse managers and clinical managers, patient educators, and staff nurses
We are pleased to offer a new option: webcast on-demand. When you purchase a webcast on-demand, you will be able to view the program anywhere and any time by logging into your account. It's a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :