The RUG-IV Conversion: Financial Implications for Your Facility
Audio Conference on CD or On-Demand
Sponsored by Medicare Boot Camp - Long Term Care
When RUG-IV takes effect on October 1—whether in part or in full—is your facility prepared for the financial and operational changes? Join expert consultants Diane Brown, BA, and Carol Marshall, MA, for this 90-minute audio conference and you will discover short- and long-term strategies to improve your compliance with the new payment system. The speakers will review and clarify the RUG-IV payment grid, define the new qualifying procedures, provide you with a plan to incorporate concurrent therapy changes, and explain the RUG-IV transition options outlined by CMS during the August 24 National Provider Call.
- Identify four key MDS 3.0 assessment items that contribute to payment
- List the major changes expected with the introduction of RUG-IV
- Describe the impact of the ADLs on RUG-IV reimbursement
- Differentiate between concurrent and group therapy for Medicare Part A and B
- Link payment categories to compliant coding processes
TAKE A LOOK AT THE AGENDA
- Scope of the changes and reallocation of money
- Major policy shifts and snarls
- RUG-IV rates and CMIs for Oct. 1, 2010
- Staff Time and Resource Intensity Verification (STRIVE) study forces payment transformation
- Breakdown of the 66 RUG-IV categories
- Loss of look-back period
- Impact of the mood interview
- New focus on wound care
- ADL index calculation under RUG-IV
- Capturing ADLs under MDS 3.0
- Conversion to the new ADL Index under RUG-IV
- Concurrent therapy impact
- From the therapy room to RUG-IV
- Using individual, concurrent, and group therapy
- Documentation concerns
- Case scenarios
- Operational effects
- Facility viability
- Compliance issues
- A call for preparation
- Live question and answer session
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Diane Brown, BA, a regulatory specialist at HCPro, is a long-term care educator, consultant, editor, and author with more than 25 years of operational experience in healthcare. She also serves as the lead instructor for the HCPro Five-Star Quality Rating Boot CampSM for Long-Term Care. She is a nationally recognized leader in helping post acute care facilities to thrive as they contend with tighter funding, new reimbursement methodologies, and fewer resources. She is also the author of several HCPro top selling long-term care books. She also served on the board of directors of NASPAC and the advisory board of Contemporary Long-Term Care magazine.
Carol Marshall, MA, is an adjunct professor and consultant in post acute care for HCPro, Inc. As a risk management and regulatory specialist for the past 18 years, she has trained managers and staff members in long-term care facilities about the benefits of exceptional customer service and risk management. Her expertise includes regulatory compliance consulting, site audits, and regulatory research for skilled units, rehabilitation units, and other post-acute and long-term care settings.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Administrators, CFOs, billing officer managers, clinical reimbursement specialists, billers, CEOs, owners, MDS coordinators, compliance officers, risk managers.
With this audio conference, you'll receive a slide presentation of the program materials and valuable takeaways, which you can use at your facility, including:
- RUG-IV hierarchy breakdown
- RUG-IV chart
- Concurrent therapy example
- ADL index
In addition to the regular participation options for HCPro audio conferences—live, CD, or combination packages—we are pleased to offer another option, audio on-demand. Audio on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player.
PROGRAM MATERIALSProgram materials are provided with PDF links.
Product Types :