Joint Replacement Service Lines
Webcast on CD or Webcast On-Demand
Presented on January 22, 2010
Keep joint replacement profitable in a shifting healthcare environment
With so much uncertainty about tomorrow's healthcare market, a profitable joint replacement program requires flexible management of the business and closer physician alignment.
Learn from HealthLeaders Media and orthopedic service line experts during this 90-minute discussion–including Q&A–of the key issues surrounding the economics of a joint replacement service line. Participants will:
- Understand current clinical demand projections, device cost trends, and healthcare reform ramifications
- Identify the right physician alignment model with examples of co-management and accountable care arrangements
- Explore delivery system redesign to manage outcomes, optimize profitability, and improve patient experience
- Walk away with effective techniques to capture market share
- The Future of Joint Replacement Service Lines
- Demand Projections For Procedures
- Supply and Device Cost Trends
- Bundled Payments and Healthcare Reform
- Aligning With Physicians in a New Environment
- Physician Leadership
- Physician Alignment
- Accountable Care Models
- Empowering Physicians To Control Costs
- Outcomes Management
- Dashboards - Outcomes Management
- Reducing Total Length Of Stay
- Patient- and Hospital- Reported Outcomes
- Redesigning the Delivery System
- Patient-Centric Care
- Standardization and Checklists
- Family Involvement
- Rapid Recovery
- Capturing Market Share
- Segmentation and Consumer Drivers
- Technology And Innovation
- Successful Marketing Strategies
Marshall K. Steele, MD, founded Marshall Steele and Associates–as an implementation rather than a consulting company–in Chicago in 2005. The company has implemented 75 Destination Centers of Superior Performance in joint and spine surgery. Prior, he was founder and president of a 16-surgeon subspecialty Musculoskeletal Center that included joint replacement, spine, sports medicine, foot/ankle, hand, and fracture care. In 1995, Dr. Steele created a system of care–named –Joint Camp– by one of his patients–that addressed every aspect of care from the patient and family perspective and created a structure that would ensure long term success. Over the next 10 years he used the model to develop similar programs in surgical specialties such as spine and vascular.
Cindy Preston, MBA, BSN, RN, is director of Patient Care at St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham, WA, where she is responsible for operational and clinical oversight of multiple inpatient units as well as the Center for Joint Replacement. Preston was the project lead for the Center for Joint Replacement, which utilized the Marshall Steele program and was successfully implemented in December 2007 with excellent outcomes.
James Holstine, DO, is an orthopedic surgeon and the medical director for the Center for Joint Replacement at St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham, WA. Dr. Holstine has worked with the destination joint replacement center model for 11 years. With the help of patient centered programs and rapid cycle problem solving the program has grown into the center of excellence that patients experience today.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Service line managers, healthcare marketing executives, planning and business development, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, physician and department heads
New Purchase Option– WEBCAST ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: webcast on–demand. When you purchase a webcast on–demand, you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :