Healthcare and Lean Six Sigma
Audio Conference on CD or Audio On-Demand
Sponsored by the Association of Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP)
presented on February 17, 2010
Improve your processes with Lean Six Sigma
Hospitals throughout the country-and organizations like The Joint Commission-are incorporating Lean Six Sigma to create better, more streamlined processes. Healthcare process expert Sarah Cottington, BS, RHIT, CPHQ, and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt David Marshall deliver methods that even the most resource-strapped hospital can use to improve project efficiency, enforce accountability, and maximize the potential of every individual in the organization.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESAt the conclusion of this audio conference, you will be able to:
- Identify ways to make smaller projects more efficient, paving the way to spend more time attacking larger issues
- Gain a basic understanding of the application of Lean concepts, tools and management techniques in a healthcare environment
- Identify strategies and techniques for making sustainable improvements based on evidence in the industry
- Gain a basic understanding of the application of Six Sigma concepts, tools and management techniques in a healthcare environment
TAKE A LOOK AT THE AGENDA:
- Lean Six Sigma: Seeing with new eyes
- The problem: blame, waste, lost patient, complexity
- The solution and path to get there: leadership, systems thinking, problem solving, pursuit of perfect patient care
- Lean Overview
- Lean basics
- Lean toolbox
- PDCA problem solving methodology
- Lean management
- Six Sigma Overview
- Six Sigma Basics
- DMAIC problem solving methodology
- Six Sigma toolbox
- Six Sigma training and management
- The missing link: change management
- Action plan
- Strategies for jump-starting your process improvement program
- A3 problem solving
- Rapid improvements
- Unlocking your organizational DNA
- Strategic alignment
- Orientation and training
- Personal development plan
- Question and answer session
BONUS TOOLS MATERIALS
With this audio conference, you'll receive a slide presentation of the program materials and valuable takeaways, which you can use at your facility, including:
- A3 template to help deploy your projects and build in accountability
- Articles on Lean Six Sigma successful implementation from resources including Briefings on The Joint Commission
- Valuable recommended reading list
- Online resources with ready-made, publicly available tools and guides
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this audio conference, you'll also receive a slide presentation of the program materials. These materials are provided with PDF links.
Sarah Cottington, BS, RHIT, CPHQ, performance improvement/RAC coordinator, Pella Regional Health Center. Cottington has been a Lean Healthcare Facilitator since 2006 and a healthcare professional since 1993. She began her careeer as a Registered Health Information Technician at Wood County Hospital in Bowling Green, OH, and in 2005 moved to healthcare quality, serving as a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality.
David Marshall, Lean Six Sigma healthcare consultant, Magari Consulting Services. Marshall has more than 15 years experience solving critical business problems through creative and innovative solutions that optimize key value streams in both service and manufacturing environments: high-technology, defense, finance and healthcare. He has a proven track record of developing and delivering strategic service models, managing cross-functional teams in product lifecycle management, and leading global continuous improvement programs with positive impacts to all key stakeholders: customers, company and business partners.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Accreditation professionals, survey coordinators, patient safety professionals, quality improvement officers, risk managers, and nurses.
AUDIO ON-DEMANDIn addition to the regular purchase options for HCPro audio conferences, we are pleased to offer another option, audio on-demand. Audio on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player. Purchase a CD or audio on-demand of the program and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :