Physician Compensation Models in a Strained Economy
AUDIO CONFERENCE ON CD OR AUDIO ON-DEMAND
presented on March 8, 2010
Physician compensation modeling in the best of economic times isn't easy, but tackling this process during a strained economy adds another layer of difficulty for hospital leaders. Physician compensation is one area where leadership must get creative.
Listen to HealthLeaders Media for this 60 minute look at physician compensation plans including a case study of how York Hospital, which formed a Physician Compensation Committee and invited a lead physician from each specialty to participate. The result of this, and other measures, was a revised productivity model, improve alignment and outcomes and in some cases a drop in the RVU rate by upwards of 7%.
Participants will learn:
- Quality-focused compensation structures based on more than income
- Innovative approaches to alignment and compensation structures including “employment lite” and new “hybrid” alignment models
- The latest in RVU modeling and the role of fair market value
- Structuring compensation plans in “employment lite” scenarios
- Creating compensation structure that encourages quality
- The latest in RVU (relative value units) compensation modeling
- Establishing a RUC (RBRVS Update Committee): Important updates
- How one hospital organized its plan
- The role of the committee—and what it was and wasn’t
- Successes and challenges
Max Reiboldt, CPA , is president/CEO of Coker Group in Atlanta, GA. He oversees the firm’s services and general operation, while personally engaging in consulting projects with healthcare organizations nationwide with particular focus on financial management, physician compensation, and strategic issues – such as in all areas of physician-hospital alignment strategies. He is a seasoned speaker at practice management and hospital seminars and workshops where physician leaders learn how to cope in this rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Robin LaBonte, CPA, is CFO of York Hospital in York, ME, an 80-bed facility with $275 million in charges and 13 physician practices with 47 providers covering 11 specialities, where she is responsible for financial and information technology services. LaBonte has a public accounting background with 9 years of experience with healthcare clients, including as a senior manager She has been a strategic and contractual leader with physician practices at York Hospital for the past 3 years.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Physicians, physician leaders, practice administrators, practice managers, CFOs, CEOs, medical directors, medical staff directors, chief medical officers, executive directors
Purchase a CD or an audio on-demand of the audio conference and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :