WEBCAST ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
Sponsored by: Nursing Orientation Program Builder
Promote critical-thinking and accountability with your new hire program
This 90-minute presentation will help organizations plan effective orientation programs that meet the needs of their diverse workforce. Our expert speakers will provide field-tested strategies for competency-based orientations that engage new hires. You'll receive customizable tools you can put to use in your facility today.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Design an effective orientation program
- Orient new graduate nurses, experienced nurses, and foreign-educated nurses
- Evaluate effectiveness and outcomes of your orientation program
- Create a culture of accountability with your orientation program
Take a look at the agenda
- Organizing general orientation
- What message do you want to send to new employees?
- Balancing need-to-know and nice-to-know
- Mandatory orientation pieces
- Legal/ethical considerations related to orientation
- Building a culture of responsibility and shared accountability
- Encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration
- Communication needs
- Adult learning theories
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your orientation program
- Who should you be evaluating?
- Orienting new graduate, experienced, and foreign-born nurses
- Tips and tools for a successful program
- Live question-and-answer session
Bonus Tools Included in your Materials Packet:
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this Webcast, you’ll also receive these helpful “take-aways” provided within your materials packet:
- New hire wish list
- Nursing services orientation: Self-assessment
- Clinical orientation developmental assessment rubric
- Scripts for difficult conversations
- Common phrases and expressions in U.S. healthcare
- Distance learning evaluation form
- General orientation evaluation form-classroom setting
- Competency-based orientation evaluation tool
These materials will be provided prior to the program date via e-mail with PDF links. Please download the PDF files before the day of the program.
Meet the Speakers:
Debbie Buchwach, MSN, RN-BC, is an education consultant in the Center for Learning and Change Management at the Oregon Health & Science University Hospital in Portland, OR. Buchwach develops curricula for new employee orientation, preceptor training, new graduate nurse transitions, charge nurses, nursing leadership, and change management. She is the coauthor of Nursing Orientation Program Builder.
Diana Swihart, PhD, DMin, MSN, CS, RN-BC, is the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®* director at the Bay Pines (FL) VA Healthcare System. She is the author of Nurse Preceptor Program Builder: Tools for a Successful Preceptor Program, and contributed to Nursing Orientation Program Builder.
Who Should Listen?
Staff development specialists, directors of education, chief nursing officers, directors of nursing, VPs of nursing, VPs of patient care services, ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®* coordinators/directors, clinical nurse specialists, nurse managers and clinical managers, quality improvement coordinators
Audio on CD or On-Demand
Purchase a CD or an audio on-demand of the audio conference and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :