Red Flags Rule
AUDIO CONFERENCE ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
Sponsored by Red Flag Manual and Training CD Package
presented on June 9, 2010
There were 275,000 cases of medical identity theft nationwide in 2009. Without the proper protections, the odds are it will happen at your organization, if it hasn’t already.
Although the FTC recently delayed enforcement until December 31, 2010, compliance is already in effect and you need to have measures in place to protect against medical identity theft. During this 90-minute audio conference, our expert speakers discuss what the Red Flags Rule requires, how to implement it, and how to ensure your business partners stay in compliance. You will hear what one facility already did to get ready for the December 31 enforcement date.
At the conclusion of this audio conference, you will be able to:
- Explain what medical identity theft is and why it is a serious problem
- Define the Red Flags Rule, its purpose, and compliance requirements
- Construct a medical identity theft prevention program for your facility, including policies, procedures, and staff training
- Amend BA contracts to reflect Red Flags Rule requirements
- Determine appropriate responses when Red Flags are identified
- History and overview of Red Flags Rule
- FTC requirements
- Organizations that must comply with the Red Flags Rule
- FTC definition of creditors
- Implementation strategies
- Identity Theft Protection Program (ITPP)
- Impact on daily staff workflow
- Service provider/business associate (BA) impact
- Getting BAs/service providers on board
- Incorporating identify theft protections into BA and third party vendor contracts
- Amending HITECH BA contracts with Red Flags Rule requirements
- Case study: Spring Harbor compliance program
- Sample ITPP
- Polices and procedures
- Staff training
- Real-life scenarios
- Identify trouble spots
- Investigate problem
- Follow-up with staff, patients
- A question and answer session follows the presentation.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Randy Berry, BA, CPA, is vice president/senior consultant for Columbus Healthcare & Safety Consultants in Canal Winchester, OH. He specializes in Red Flags Rules compliance and identity theft prevention programs and his Red Flag Manual and Training CD Package is distributed by HCPro. He has more than 25 years experience in accounting, finance, business development, and strategic planning in a variety of industries including healthcare.
Chris Simons, RHIA Director of Health Information Management, Utilization Management, and Corporate Responsibility, Privacy Officer, Spring Harbor (Westbrook, ME). Simons has been working in the field of information management and patient privacy for 17 years, in a number of inpatient and outpatient settings in Massachusetts and Maine. She is a board member of the Maine Health Information Management Association, and the Chair of the MeHIMA Legislative Committee.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
HIPAA privacy and security officers, medical records director, compliance officer, legal staff, HR staff, HIM director, patient access manager, PFS director, patient accounts/billing staff.
In addition to the regular purchase options for HCPro audio conferences, we are pleased to offer another option, audio on-demand. Audio on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player. Purchase a CD or audio on-demand of the program and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :