The Final Verdict on MS.01.01.01
FREE AUDIO CONFERENCE ON-DEMAND
Presented on Tuesday, May 11, 2010
You’ve heard from The Joint Commission—Now hear from experts in the field.
The Joint Commission has finalized and communicated the changes to MS.01.01.01. This program does not restate what you already know; our experts, Mary J. Hoppa, MD, MBA, CMSL, and Michael R. Callahan, Esq., will help you understand what’s next.
- Obtain a clear understanding of what has changed, what hasn’t changed, and what’s new
- Communicate bylaws changes to members of the medical staff and governing body
- Learn specific items you will need to address in order to comply
- Get solutions you can implement today that lay the foundation for long-term compliance
- Understand the effect on the relationship between the medical executive committee (MEC) and the organized medical staff
- Avoid unnecessary work in the scramble to comply
- Learn what must be in your bylaws versus separate manuals, and how that affects the amendment process
Take a look at the agenda
- New EPs with significant changes
- EP 3: Delineation of what needs to be in the bylaws
- EPs 1 and 8: New relationship between the medical staff and the MEC
- EP 9: Communication mechanism between MEC and medical staff
- EP 10: Conflict resolution mechanism between MEC and medical staff
- EP11: MEC’s and governing board’s authority to make temporary amendments for regulatory and legal compliance
- EP 20: Authority of MEC
- New EPs without significant changes
- EP 17: Description of members eligible to vote
- EP 19: List of officer positions
- EP 24: Amendment process for bylaws
- EP 25: Amendment process for rules and regulations
- EP 35: Composition of fair hearing committee
- Expansion of current EPs
- EP 2: Delegation of amendment of bylaws
- EP 34: Process for scheduling and conducting fair hearings
- Review of Joint Commission MS.01.01.01 FAQs
- Summary of Joint Commission comments and additional guidance
- Suggestions on how to achieve compliance with MS.01.01.01
The Greeley Company can help you comply with the new standard.
Take advantage of this FREE program that not only addresses the new bylaws requirements, but also will help you navigate the evolving relationship between the MEC, the board, and the organized medical staff. Click here to order now.
Audio on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player. It’s also a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
Need additional resources?
Recognizing that bylaws are not just words on a page, but a document that can cause conflict, resistance, and fear, The Greeley Company is available to help you:
- Work through thorny bylaws issues
- Implement the medical staff culture change that is necessary for success
- Create state-of-the-art, regulatory compliant bylaws
Our physician consultants have helped hundreds of organizations improve communications, relationships, and culture, as well as create or revise their bylaws to be clear, concise, and compliant. Contact us today and learn how The Greeley Company can help you facilitate a culture of excellence and keep your bylaws and related documents up-to-date. To speak with a client relations representative, please call 888/749-3054 or e-mail email@example.com.
Product Types :