Direct Employment Compensation Models
Webcast on CD or On-Demand
Presented on August 17, 2010
Sponsored by HealthLeaders Magazine
Finding the compensation model that encourages and maintains high levels of physician productivity is a challenge for hospitals and group practices.
During this 90 minute webcast, presented by Healthleaders Media you will learn proven strategies from two physician compensation experts. This program will looks at how to use compensation survey data to benchmark and help you determine which survey is most appropriate for your organization. Find out how to select the compensation model that works for your hospital or practice, as well as how to integrate it with your new recruits and your seasoned staff physicians.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Physician compensation survey data to benchmark compensation
- MGMA – for private practices
- AMGA - for medical group practices
- Sullivan Cotter – for hospital employed physicians
- Deciding when to use which compensation model
- Salary / productivity mix
- Quality incentives
- Using wRVUs
- Brief definition of a wRVU
- Why are wRVUs important
- What impacts the market benchmarks for wRVUs
- Why wRVU benchmarks vary by specialty area
- Use and abuse of wRVUs for benchmarking
- Pros and cons of using wRVUs
- Understanding the role of wRVU Incentives
- Rate per wRVU model only
- Base salary and wRVU incentives – single tier; two tier
- Base salary and wRVU incentives with variance for financial results
- Base salary and wRVU incentives with variance for quality or other performance-based metrics
- Base salary and wRVUs based on group performance
- Presenting the compensation model to physicians
- Q & A
Max Reiboldt, CPA, President/CEO of Coker Group in Atlanta, GA. Reiboldt oversees a team of consultants in consulting projects with physicians and health systems nationwide, with particular focus on strategic issues, financial management and physician compensation. He is a seasoned speaker at practice management and hospital seminars and workshops where physician leaders and health system administrators gather to learn how to cope in the rapidly changing healthcare market.
Kim Mobley, Principal, Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc., a human resources management consulting firm. In her twenty-five years of consulting, she has become a specialist in the providing physician compensation and valuation services. Mobley has special expertise in the area of physician compensation. She created and directs the firm’s national Physician Compensation and Productivity Survey, which was designated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as a source for determining safe harbor rates for physicians in Stark II. Ms. Mobley also created and directs the firm’s Physician On-Call Pay Survey and the Medical Group Executive Compensation Survey.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
physicians, physician leaders, practice administrators, practice managers, CFOs, CEOs, COOs medical directors, medical staff directors, chief medical officers, executive directors, physician network and executive administrators
New Purchase Option–– WEBCAST ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on–demand. When you purchase a Webcast on–demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :