Life Safety Code Compliance
Audio Webcast on CD or On-Demand
Sponsored by: Healthcare Life Safety Compliance
Achieve Life Safety Code compliance—with help from frontline staff and senior leadership
During this 90-minute Webcast, Brad Keyes and Ken Rohde will explain how to avoid life safety violations by bringing awareness to both administration and frontline staff. Keyes, a life safety expert, will review the top five violations seen in hospitals–with a focus on corridor clutter, a persistent violation–and provide evidence in which front line staff involvement has improved culture. Rohde, a process improvement expert, will support this approach with tools to change behavior among staff members and provide effective solutions going forward.
At the conclusion of this Webcast, you will be able to:
- Communicate why life safety compliance requires the entire team
- Recognize why corridor clutter is a life safety risk at your facility and why it occurs
- Implement three behavioral tools within your life safety program
- Demonstrate how to involve administration and frontline staff members to improve life safety compliance
TAKE A LOOK AT THE AGENDA
- Everybody is part of life safety: Working together to improve life safety
- Top five life safety violations
- Identify the five violations: Corridor clutter, fire walls, integrity of egress, fire safety management, and documentation
- How does corridor clutter become a problem, and how can frontline staff help?
- Why is corridor clutter important to patient safety?
- Leadership’s role in compliance
- Three solutions to corridor clutter
- Purge unnecessary items from existing storage rooms (nursing issue)
- Build alcoves in the corridors (facilities & administration issue)
- Convert a patient room into a storage room (facilities & administration issue)
- Behavioral tools to improve compliance
- Paying attention to detail
- Questioning attitude in a compliance formula
- Tips for successful implementation
- Build your culture of safety
- Set clear expectations and communicate them
- Monitor accountability
- Show benefits to your top leadership
- Take advantage of the safety rounds and Joint Commission reports
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Brad Keyes, CHSP, is a life safety consultant at The Greeley Company. He is a former life safety specialist for The Joint Commission. His expertise lies in the management of the environment of care, development of leadership effectiveness, and efficiency in work processes.
Kenneth R. Rohde, is a senior consultant at The Greeley Company. He specializes in the areas of error reduction strategies, root cause analysis, improving performance through process simplification, apparent cause analysis, and failure modes and effects analysis.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Safety officer, facilities director, director of plant operations, hospital fire marshal, survey prep coordinator, life safety officer, hospital facilities manager, nurse manager, nurse educator, nurse administrator, nurse trainer, employee manager, volunteer management, COO, CEO, facilities administration, patient safety officers, risk management, infection control staff, facility leadership
We are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on-demand. When you purchase a Webcast on-demand, you will be able to view the program anywhere and any time by logging into your account. It’s a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :