Healthcare Reform and Case Management
AUDIO CONFERENCE ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
Sponsored by Hospital Case Management Models
Presented on Tuesday, August 24, 2010
As healthcare reform and payment reform initiatives take effect, case management professionals will be asked to play a larger role in the success of their organizations. These new responsibilities add to case managers’ already full workload and can create a new level of pressure for the team.
During this 90-minute intermediate to advance-level audio conference, our experts help case managers and case management leaders identify reform measures that need to be implemented and discuss how to prioritize them. They also offer valuable tools and strategies to successfully implement reform measures.At the end of the program, you will know how to:
- Explain what resources case managers need to prepare for future healthcare reform
- Describe how healthcare reform will impact the six core components of case management
- Describe case management roles that would meet healthcare reform requirements
- Identify the steps needed and best practices to prepare for Medicare payment reform
TAKE A LOOK AT THE AGENDA
- The current state of healthcare reform
- Analysis of the new Medicare healthcare reform law
- Identification of the resources needed to prepare for the future
- Healthcare reform impact on the six core components of case management
- Utilization review
- Care coordination
- Transition planning
- 30-day recovery period
- Disease management and prevention
- Strategies to get ready for the future
- Making departmental changes to fulfill new requirements
- Identifying which roles are responsible for specific reform items
- Getting buy-in from administration
MEET THE SPEAKERSBeverly Cunningham, MS, RN, is vice president of clinical performance improvement at Medical City Dallas Hospital. where she is responsible for case management, health information management, documentation integrity, quality management, patient access, and transplant financial services. Her areas of expertise include denials management, patient flow and the role of the case manager and social worker in the case management process. She is coauthor of Core Skills for Hospital Case Managers from HCPro.
Karen Zander, RN, MS, CMAC, FAAN, is principal and co-owner of The Center for Case Management. Her pioneering work with clinical case management and CareMap® systems, begun at New England Medical Center Hospitals in Boston, is internationally recognized. She is the author of Emergency Department Case Management, Hospital Case Management Models, and Competency Evaluation Tools for Case Management Professionals, Second Edition, all from HCPro.
YOUR MATERIALS PACKET
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this audio conference, you'll also receive a slide presentation of the program materials and tools, as well as the following:
- A prioritization tool to identify focus areas
- Department readiness checklist
- Timeline for strategy implementation
- Crosswalk that identifies stakeholders for each area of healthcare reform that impacts case management
These materials are provided with PDF links.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?Case management directors, case managers, utilization review nurses, revenue cycle managers, hospital administrators, nursing administrators, social workers
In addition to the regular participation options for HCPro audio conferences—live, CD, or combination packages—we are pleased to offer another option, audio on-demand. Audio on-demand allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player.
PROGRAM MATERIALSProgram materials are provided with PDF links.
Product Types :