Using Physician Incentives to Align with Organizational Needs
Webcast on CD or On-Demand
Presented on October 29, 2010
Sponsored by HealthLeaders Magazine
Physician compensation can be a powerful tool to build alignment, accountability, and involvement with both employed and independent physicians. Does your physician compensation model promote your organizational needs and meet the demands of the new healthcare reform era?
Join Healthleaders Media for this 90-minute webcast, including Q&A, to learn proven strategies from two physician alignment experts, including an indepth case study. Use your compensation model to position your organization for success in an environment that rewards quality and outcomes, not procedures.
After this webcast, you will be able to:
- Recognize how physician compensation trends are impacting your organization's strategic plan
- Build a flexible compensation plan that adjusts to current quality goals
- Engage physicians in compensation plan design and hold them accountable for organizational goals
- Landscape of evolving physician compensation models and trends
- Trends in reimbursement (bundled and capitated payments)
- Physician strategy
- Current models: Components, design, structure
- Key principles
- Developing a fair and just system
- How to manage compensation
- Physician alignment
- Governance and philosophy
- Physician alignment with business and service objectives
- Performance measurement
- Reductions and readmissions
- Physician involvement in physician compensation
- Building a flexible compensation model
- No perfect formula: One size doesn't fit all
- Case study: Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Strategies to build alignment between physicians and hospital
- Organization and physician responsibilities
- Meeting individual and group productivity goals
- Physician compact
- Compensation system:
- Professional activities and group effort
- Quality outcomes
- Patient satisfaction
- Lessons learned and best practices
- Live Q&A
Suzanne Anderson is senior vice president, CIO, and CFO for Virginia Mason Medical Center. Prior to assuming her position in 2007, Anderson provided senior management consulting to the Medical Center and its affiliates since 1986. Anderson has also served as vice president and chief operating officer of Meaghan Jared Partners, Inc., a healthcare management consulting firm serving physician practices, hospitals, and other healthcare entities. Anderson is a member of the National Board of Medical Examiners and is a director of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Ron Seifert is senior consultant for Hay Group. As the Hay Group's northeast healthcare region leader and executive compensation practice leader for the healthcare sector, Seifert provides boards of directors and senior executives with business and market insight, while ensuring their reward programs are appropriately competitive, well-designed, and aligned with organizational strategic interests. He has worked with University of Pennsylvania Health System, New York University Langone Medical Center, Continuum Health Partners, Bon Secours Health System, Catholic Health East, Sisters of Providence Health System, Mercy Health System, Ascension Health, Children's National Medical Center (DC), and New York Presbyterian Hospitals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Chief executive officers, chief financial officers, chief operations officers, chief medical officers, hospital trustees and board members, financial directors and managers, group practice administrators, medical directors, medical staff directors, physician leaders, human resource personnel, physicians
WEBCAST SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
To fully benefit from the Webcast experience, you will need a computer equipped with a Broadband Internet connection, a sound card, and speakers or headphones. Macromedia Flash player Version 8.0 or greater, a recommended screen resolution of 1024 x 768, and an Internet Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). The use of AOL or wireless Internet connections is not recommended.
New Purchase Option––WEBCAST ON-DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on-demand. When you purchase a Webcast on-demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :