The Chapter Leader's Guide to Performance Improvement
Practical Insight on Joint Commission Standards
Cynthia Barnard, MBA, MSJS, CPHQ
- Your Price: $69.00
- Add to Cart
Quick, concise standard explanations for performance improvement chapter leaders
The Chapter Leader's Guide to Performance Improvement breaks down The Joint Commission's performance improvement requirements into easy-to-understand solutions to meet the challenges of these complex standards. You get simplified explanations of the chapter's key components along with communication techniques to help foster a strong and successful partnership between survey coordinator and chapter leader.
Plus, to make staff training easy, this guide includes a downloadable PowerPoint® presentation highlighting key compliance takeaways. Also, receive bonus tools which include:
- Annual performance improvement program assessment worksheet
- Sample performance improvement team charter
- Critical information checklist
- Templates for quality plans
- Samples for compliance with required measurements
- Samples for compliance with measurements to be considered
- Checklist for survey readiness
Benefits of The Chapter Leader's Guide to Performance Improvement:
- Empower your PI chapter leaders to successfully navigate the survey process
- Communicate the impact the PI chapter has on the entire leadership team, management, and caregivers
- Create a culture of accountability by delegating survey-related responsibilities to staff members
- Go beyond standard numbers and understand the true meaning of The Joint Commission's PI requirements
- Get everyone in your facility on board with compliance
- Save time training PI chapter leaders with the customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Simplified explanation of The Joint Commission’s performance improvement chapter
- Tools for data collection and analysis to measure the performance of processes
- Strategies for analyzing data to implement better care, improve compliance, and promote positive change
- Best practices in designing, implementing, and presenting performance improvement programs with reference to accreditation requirements
Table of Contents
Introduction: How This Handbook Can Help You
Part I: Performance Improvement in the Organization
Part II: Planning and Coordinating Performance Improvement
Part III: Implementing Performance Improvement
Part IV: Effective PI Survey Preparation
Who will benefit?
Accreditation coordinators, accreditation specialists, survey coordinators, Joint Commission survey coordinators, performance improvement chapter leaders, quality directors, quality improvement professionals
Earn Continuing Education Credits
National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ)
This activity is pending approval by the National Association of Healthcare Quality for CE credits.
About the Author
Cynthia Barnard, MBA, MSJS, CPHQ, is the Director of Quality Strategies at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, IL. She is the author of Performance Improvement Basics: A Resource Guide for Healthcare Managers and coauthor of Performance Improvement: Winning Strategies for Quality and Joint Commission Compliance, which won the David L. Stumph Award for Excellence in Publication from the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ).
Faculty Disclosure Statement: HCPro Inc. has confirmed that none of the faculty/presenters or contributors have any relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of this educational activity.
Product Types :