Develop Chapter Leaders
Webcast on CD or On-Demand
Sponsored by: Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals
Presented on Thursday, December 16, 2010
Develop and train successful chapter leaders using strategies from Jean Clark, RHIA, CSHA!
During this 90-minute program, proven accreditation specialist Jean Clark, RHIA, CSHA, will walk you through designing a dynamic chapter leader structure that promotes accountability and results. She will take a practical, hands-on look at several problematic Joint Commission standards and provide strategies to keep chapter leaders engaged and motivated.
You’ll receive teaching tools to help secure buy-in from staff along with techniques to ensure your training is effective.
At the conclusion of this Webcast, you will be able to:
- Select and organize a team of chapter leaders equipped to maintain survey readiness
- Communicate appropriate Joint Commission standards and updates to key stakeholders
- Overcome problematic regulatory issues by collaborating with chapter leaders and staff
- Find creative ways to maintain momentum among your chapter leaders
- Define how the chapter leaders’ role goes beyond the Joint Commission
TAKE A LOOK AT THE AGENDA
- Put structure around your survey readiness
- Case study from a new hospital in South Carolina
- Structure of your survey readiness team
- Selecting leaders
- Tools to use
- Setting up meetings
- CMS Standards—it’s not just Joint Commission
- Communication and training
- Department managers and their staff
- Medical staff
- Hospital and governance leadership
- Reporting throughout the organization
- Solving problematic regulatory issues
- Security of medications
- Documentation of medical records
- Environment of care
- Maintaining the momentum with your chapter leaders
- Making sure policies are always updated
- Mock surveys
- Educational programs
- Creating a “fun” culture of survey readiness
- Live Q&A
With this Webcast, you’ll receive a slide presentation of the program materials and valuable takeaways, which you can use at your facility, including:
- Examples of how to change the culture to be more “fun” – Environment of Care
- Medical record documentation tool
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Jean Clark, RHIA, CSHA, is the director of accreditation, at Roper St. Francis Health Services in Charleston, SC. Clark is in the process of opening a new hospital and creating an accreditation and chapter leader structure from the ground up. She has presented and written on dozens of accreditation topics during her career in healthcare, including the HCPro resource The Joint Commission Mock Tracer Made Simple.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Accreditation professionals, survey coordinators, chapter leaders, patient safety professionals, nurse managers, and risk managers
We are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on-demand. When you purchase a Webcast on-demand, you will be able to view the program anywhere and any time by logging into your account. It’s a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :